Less baggy'ish MTB Shorts?

Matt_

I Get Jokes
What's everyone's go to for shorts? (Not a bibs guy)

Looking to refresh my riding clothes. I primarily have Zoic Ether shorts... but they're a bit baggy (that's not my favorite fitting jersey either, will be ordering more of a XC version than the enduro when its kit ordering time)

20180830_163550.jpg

Today I tried a pair of CR NICA Mountain Surf shorts. Overall like them, but they sit too low on the hips. Ok for chill rides but dont see myself doing any adventure trips or races in them.

20180915_180306.jpg

Looking for other suggestions to try out. Thanks!

I have Santic , a little more tapered but they get caught up too ....

Almost took wicked spill, caught on seat ...

Not sure which club rides I have but they are very fitted to the leg.

My favorite is dakine shorts right now as there fabric is light weight and stretchy. That being said, off the bike they sit just below the knee and are baggie, but on the bike, they hit just above the knee, which is perfect.

Hey Matt!

Enduro and Zoic make some nice fitted shorts.

Most will frown on this but I Use Deluth Trading (trim fit). The cut is perfect for cycling. That way I can ride my bike, get right off and start cutting the lawn, lol.

what’s wrong with cutting lawn in bib shorts seems like the perfect tool for the job

In the occasional times when I wear shorts (over bibs) I tend to roll them up. And I usually wear dickies work shorts, rolled up. You might want to look at companies that make commuter shorts, like Chrome. They tend to be more fitted. I have a few pairs of the Levi’s commuter pants and love them. Haven’t tried their shorts though.

I recently got a pair of Specialized Atlas Pros. They're tight and light enough for XC and all day pedaling. I wear the Swat bibs under them to hold food and supplies so you could still wear a pocketless enduro bro jersey.

Do you Club Ride peeps normally size up? I'm 32-33 waist and went with medium, thinking I should try large?

Also have a set of Pearl Izumi Summits on the way to try... big discount + same day shipping + free returns FTW. :)

Do you Club Ride peeps normally size up? I'm 32-33 waist and went with medium, thinking I should try large?

Also have a set of Pearl Izumi Summits on the way to try... big discount + same day shipping + free returns FTW. :)

I'm a 34 waist and had purchased the large NICA short from CR. They are big! I have the adjustable waist pulled tight and they are still loose. Coincidentally the mediums are to tight.

Back
Top Bottom