Learn something new every day...

BiknBen

I have cut the top off an old water bottle. I put it in the bottle holder of my bike while riding on the rollers or trainer to hold my phone and TV remote.

I was on a web site reading up on the TourDayFrance. Apparently, others have come up with similar uses. I especially like the clam-shell idea mentioned in this quote,
"CSC’s Fränk Schleck left the start of stage two with only one water bottle. His second cage housed a bottle with the top cut off and a rain jacket stuffed in it. It’s a similar method to how some European pros carry a spare tube and tools when training, with two bottles cut in half and mated like a clam-shell, protecting tools and tube from the elements."

Last edited:

MTB Aussie

Someone should get those guys a seatpack for their tubes and tools.

I find the best use of my trainer is to hold the bike upright while I sit on the couch nearby watching TV (TdF), and using the bottle cages to hold a couple of cans of my favorite frosty beverage. ;)

N

Neen

:rofl:Ben, it is so very hard to take you seriously with your new avatar!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I have cut the top off an old water bottle. I put it in the bottle holder of my bike while riding on the rollers or trainer to hold my phone and TV remote.

I was on a web site reading up on the TourDayFrance. Apparently, others have come up with similar uses. I especially like the clam-shell idea mentioned in this quote,
"CSC’s Fränk Schleck left the start of stage two with only one water bottle. His second cage housed a bottle with the top cut off and a rain jacket stuffed in it. It’s a similar method to how some European pros carry a spare tube and tools when training, with two bottles cut in half and mated like a clam-shell, protecting tools and tube from the elements."
I remember seeing this in a magazine "tips" section way back in the day as well.

Top Bottom