Le Tour d' Zoller...a.k.a. '21 days'

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Day 19

What's the excuse today...lemme see :hmmm:
I spoke to the wife today and she gave me a list of things to buy so I can bring them down with me. Being the organized guy that I am, I decided to do it today instead of leaving it 'til the last minute :rolleyes:
So off to the mall I went :puke: also Rite Aid, Home Depot, Babies R us, Buy Buy Baby and Stop & Shop.

I still have to buy a digital camera for my sister, but I think I can do that tomorrow during lunch.

So it is Day 19 and I have 18 rides (counting the commute ;)) Looks like I can only make it to 20 rides if I ride tomorrow and Wednesday.

20 out of 21 isn't that bad...

Glancing Aft

Ok, here it is....switched to BLIP.TV (thanks Will) video too big for u-tube:hmmm:

Kingdom Trails Trip Episode II

...this one actually has singletrack on it :rolleyes:

damn... I need to get there, why does it have to be a 10 hr drive for me. Oh cause I live in the middle of nowhere and kingdoms is in the middle of nowhere. Sidewinder and webs both looked awesome! Way to ripoff the Collective's choice in music :D:p

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Day 20

almost the end....
I guess I had to sneak another ride in, I can't fall to far behind of the 21 rides.
So I took out the road ride for what I wanted to be a 1hr ride. It turned into a little bit more but that is OK.
After the ride I went to help my buddy with his DSL connection, one beer led to another and here I am at faking 1.40 am updating this thingy when I should be :sleep:

and yes...still listening to THE CAT EMPIRE :eek:

THE LAST DAY IS TOMORROW!! (I MEAN TODAY :eek:)

I guess I'll ride my bike to work.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Day 21

All good things must come to an end. :(

I commuted to work by bike and that was all the riding for today. I had to leave the house somewhat in order before the family comes back and I also had to pack.

So off to M-E-X-I-C-O tomorrow, early flight, gotta be up at 4.30am.

I doubt that I can squeeze a ride down there since the wife is going crazy with the 2 kids and she already knows I been on my bike here a lot. But I am bringing some bike clothes just in case.

So the total is 18 rides out of 21 days and if I count the 2 commutes that is 20 out of 21, pretty decent effort if I should say so myself :p

Maybe next year I'll try it again....

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Day 23----wow what happened here...

So I made it home no problems, for a change :rolleyes:

But like usual I went ahead and ate like a pig with the family, then went out with my old buddies for a night of binge drinking and eating.

This morning, I paid the price...faking Moctezuma paid me a visit...

Diarehha.jpg

Every time I am here I do the same thing, I dont' learn, but I can help it...I miss the food so bad and I am not used to all the grease and spices anymore, plus you add alcohol to the mix and it is just a recipe for disaster.

So tomorrow looks like I am riding :getsome:

I forgot to mention before....remeber how I asked for 21 days of NO-RAIN, I got them, I had perfect weather for all my rides and even the few days I didnt ride. OK , I had a Hail Storm one day, but it was at the end of a perfect day.
So all you guys that raced Allamuchy....you are welcome ;) It wont happen again.

I guess those virgin sacrifices I made in honor of Tlaloc paid off :p

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
yay, another ride!

So I went to look for my bike and it is all covered in dust stored in a closet down in the garage, there is tons of crap surrounding it and I am in no mood to take everything out and go over the bike.

Good thing my friend just bough a brand new uber expensive seven sola titanium 29er!! Holly crap, the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!! all pipmed with XTR, chris king, avid jucy ultimates, etc., So where was I going, oh yeah, I borrowed his old Yeti for the ride. And yes, he is the only 29er south of the border thanks to yours truly. ;)

We went to the most popular area for mtb and hiking Chipinque. As always we started from the "back door" and made all our way to the top (not the actual mountain top, but pretty much the highest you can go on a bike)

The ride was a little more than 10mi. Which half of it was all climbing (2,626ft) about 5.7mi. And the rest of course all downhill. We took the easy trails down, since my buddy was doing his first ride after healing from a broken hand. The weather was awesome until rain came. Fog covered the peek and we had to ride throught the fog, which made it for very cool scenery. Too bad I fogot my camera at home.

Not a long ride, but at least I went out, which I wasn't sure I was going to be able to.

As for my bike, looks like it will collect more dust until December.:eek:

Top Bottom