Le Tour d' Zoller...a.k.a. '21 days'

wake me up when you get there.

OUCH!!!
I really enjoyed the suspense at the rest stop when it wasn't clear which way the silver van would go. :hysterica

But really, the 25 seconds of singletrack brought back memories of our trip... and the view of the stream from 30some ft above... I remember that spot. Had someone not been taking a break there when I came barreling out of the woods... I'd have experienced the Kingdom in a much different way. :scared:

I'm having trouble believing you went all the way to kingdom trails. You need to better document your travels! and show proof! :D

Part 2 is going to be the drive home, right? :p

I really have an itch to get up there.

I'm having trouble believing you went all the way to kingdom trails. You need to better document your travels! and show proof! :D

The truth is, we just drove up there to drink beer and go cow tipping. I just had to carry my bikes to make it look like I was a cool dude :cool:

Part 2, I promise will have actual trail footage :eek:

My computer started acting up last night and I couldn't finish it. (I know I need a Mac)

Looks like a night out in NYC tonight, so no riding today...
....so what, another missed day :rolleyes:

But tomorrow is a MEGA ride that counts as 2 :getsome:

Day 17 - The Mega Loop of Death

I told you this would count as 2 rides ;)

St00pid GPS said 38+mi then it posted 36+ on motionbased.:hmmm: Judging how my GPS is always off by a couple of miles compared to the Cyclometer, I am pretty sure we did 40+mi.

Started at Soccer field, rode all the way to the School (Ringwood) took a break for fuel and then headed back. We hit most of the trails in Ringwood:
6 Bridges, all new trail, racecourse, cat nest, poison ivy, blue/black berries whatever is called, the switchback up and down to 6-bridges, the red to school, the school trail, etc.
&
Skyline: Cannonball, Yellow, White to castle, Blue, etc.

At the brake I realized I was missing a spoke on the rear wheel...2nd time, I think I am due for a new wheelset.

I was actually feeling pretty good until we stopped at the end, then I was just fakking p00ped, I couldn't move...haha, I had to sit it out for a while before packing.

I think all this riding is finally paying off, too bad it is coming to an end soon :(

The look out
img206.jpg

Rendezvous Point Alpha
img207.jpg

The little wheels
img208.jpg

and Captain Insane-o a.k.a BlackBean rode the f-ing singlespeed! I think he is ready for the S-101 next week :getsome:

Last edited:
What's with all this FS 26er action? Looks like an awesome loop in Ringhood! I'm mad jealous!

haha, I know, I should be ashamed of myself :eek:...

I dont think I have the legs yet to do a Mega-Rocky 40mi ride on a Full Rigid 29er SS :(

Besides, I will be rockin' the big wheels Mañana....heading south again...

Any park south RT80 is 29FRSS country :getsome:;)

Dude, nice loop. I'll give you props for channeling the Allamuchy vibe with that ride.

Hmm. Last time I rode my SS29 at Sourlands I was hating life. But its your choice.

So, how did I do on the SS??....:getsome:

Joined Jeff today for D GRAND tour of Sourlands. I had just been there once before following Jeff's directions.

I had to rock the SS, since I lost a spoke on my rear wheel yesterday @ Ringwood.

We played around on the rocks for a bit, I wish I had my camera....I will have to go back and take a vid of Me and that "skinny" wall :getsome:

Boulderama kicks ass!!!

The only problem with the park, it is too small and too far for me.

I think next time I am south I will do a warm up loop at 6MR and then drive to Sourlands for some ROCKS for dessert ;)

Thanks again for the tour Jeff.

So it was a short ride today, but it gave me time to take a NAP and knock off a couple of things on my "Honey, To-Do List"

So, how did I do on the SS??....:getsome:

You killed it. The gearing on your SS was perfect for today's ride. My SS is geared more for, say 6MR (34x20) so it's not so much fun at 'Slayerland'.

Lots of fun today playing on the boulders. Yeah, why didn't we take any pics?

Back
Top Bottom