Le Tour d' Zoller...a.k.a. '21 days'

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Dude it's only 9:30. Get out on the road now. Right now. Stop reading and gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Not a bad idea, but I decided to edit the 5,456 Skinnies @ 6 Mile Video ;)

then I realized the order is not correct :mad2: Woody is first and BlackBean is after me:mad2:

Apparently there is also a CAMEO apperance by pearl...twice

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Does photobucket have a size limit...? It keeps chopping the video...
Damn it....bliptv gave me hard time too...
Youtube takes forever...finally....
myphotoalbum works....but not the best resolution...
too tired to keep trying...I need to get up for a road ride...

6 Mile Run Video

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Day 6...no excuses today

So, I decided to wake up early before I came up with any excuses...:rolleyes:
16.5 road ride to get back on track...seems like this would be a good loop for me to do before work.

Damn 7.50...gotta go...

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Day 7

Holly Crap!! Tried the newest of the new section of trail at Ringwood....it is mo'fing cool!!! Ask Jeff if you don't believe me.

It is getting longer and longer....just like Pixy said.

We ran into Art and Willy and a couple other dudes.

Jeff had a 'mechanical' towards the end so we had to skip Renegade/Cat Nest/whatever trail...but ended up with 10+mi anyway.

VelocityBoy was nowhere to be found :rolleyes:
I didn't see your boy Dick there....so we Jeff and I rolled by ourselves.

now I still have to finish packing...off to Kingdom Trails tomorrow..I am bringing my fucking boat:mad2:...I hope it is not as bad as I've heard it is with all the recent rain.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
VelocityBoy was nowhere to be found :rolleyes:
I didn't see your boy Dick there....so we Jeff and I rolled by ourselves.

now I still have to finish packing...off to Kingdom Trails tomorrow..I am bringing my fucking boat:mad2:...I hope it is not as bad as I've heard it is with all the recent rain.

Life got in the way...:mad:

Remember: Sidewinder, Tody's Tour (or Tap N Die) Webs, Old Webs, Herbs

You'll have a blast!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I hope they are all open.:hmmm:

Correction: I didn't see Dick at the start, but I did saw him at the end in the parking lot.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I'm back!!

Wow! What an amazing trip!! The Kingdom Trails are f-ing awesome!!
Weather cooperated mostly....:rolleyes: We were caught in a Hail Storm that turned into rain with lightning :scared: Temperature dropped like 20 degrees in an instant. We had to bail PRONTO. At least we were a little more than half way of the planned ride.

So I managed to do some XC, some dirt road (on borrowed bikes) and some DH to close the trip.

More details to follow.... ;)

I forgot to mention, I think I am ahead by a ride...It is DAY 12 and I have 13 rides + 1 commute only ride = 14 ;)

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Day 8

So motionbased loading is done.

1st Stop: The Berkshires - Lenox MA - Kennedy Park
http://www.townoflenox.com/Public_Documents/LenoxMA_Parkland/kennedy

So turns out Greg (icebiker) knew of these trails in MA and we decided to take a break from driving to enjoy some singletrack.

Trails were nice! Twisty and Rooty...some climbing but the twisty descents were F-U-N. There were some nice rocky sections at the top.

Leaving NJ...
IMG_1003.jpg

Group Shot...
P7140026.jpg

Some ROCK action :getsome:
P7150034.jpg

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Day 9 - Kingdom Trails (day 1)

So finally got to the Kingdom.

Total count 10 guys, 4 cars, 18 bikes and 2 Kayaks, and too many beers to count.

The weather was perfect on Friday, trails were mostly dry. The guys at the Welcome Center highlighted a perfect route for us, avoiding the "wet...est" areas. Ended up with 22 miles aprox and it was mostly all singletrack.
I have to say, everybody that was telling me the trails are awesome, they were RIGHT!! The place flows so nicely it is hard to stop to take pictures. The views are amazing too.
Our rental house was top notch..plenty of space and nice amenities. I think it is perfect for an MTBNJ road trip!!;)

The most memorable trails:
TAP N DIE
WEBS
PINES
OLD WEBS and of course.........
SIDEWINDER....holy shit!!!! the mutha of ALL trails...we need a SIDEWINDER trail here in NJ...talk about a roller coaster ride :getsome:

Here are some pics of our first day @ DA KINGDOM!

OUR CRIB
P7160065.jpg

SOME OF OUR RIDES
P7150041.jpg

NICE VIEW
IMG_1027.jpg

GROUP SHOT
IMG_0499.jpg

THE CALL TO HALTERS :rofl:
IMG_1064.jpg

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
DAy 10 - Kingdom Trails part deux

2nd day...wanted to check out pretty much the same loop plus some of the trails we missed the first day.....little did we know there was a HAIL STORM coming our way...and of course...we weren't prepared.
P7160004.jpg

WEBS
IMG_1085.jpg

P7160011.jpg

more WEBS or OLD WEBS
P7160031.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Day 11

Ok, we were supposed to wake up early to make a DIRT ROAD ride. I didn't know how rocky the dirt roads were so I couldn't ride my Road Bike. I was trying to convince another buddy to go ride the roads, but he was to lazy to be bothered. At the last minute ICEBIKER decided to lend me his latest project "THE NASH-BLUE" so I could join them on the ride. This was supposed to be a quick one since we had to check out and leave the place. In any case I wanted to get out early too so I could do some DH @ Sugarbush later in the day.

The ride was nice, dirt roads weren't that rocky. I could've probably used my road bike. So I ended up doing half the ride on the NASH-BLUE and half the ride on BlackBean's Country Road Bob Singlespeed (Van Dessel). It turns out I liked the singlespeed.. I was able to get out of all climbs. (I guess they weren't that steep).

The scenery was beautiful. We rode above the fog and could snap these nice pics.....
IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

MY FUTURE HOME
IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

The CRB SS
IMG_1154.jpg

The NASH-BLUE
IMG_1136.jpg

However, the day didn't end right...
We stopped for brunch on the way to Sugarbush, Rain Clouds settled in, and it was already late. My partner in crime decided it wasn't worth it for him to rent a bike and lift tickets for only a couple of hours. So no DH :mad2:
But, the guy at the shop told us about the XC trails...."We don't charge for those"....No Shit!!! Here is where I learned my lesson...NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE....f-ing piece of crap trails!! It was like a 2mi dirt road climb to a dirt road descent...we never found any singletrack, which supposedly they had. The map pointed to the trails we were on, which were all double track. We decided to call it a day and enjoy a beer at the bar.

We started driving back towards Hunter, we wanted to check it out on Monday, little did we know...Hunter is only open on weekends :(

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Day 12

Ok so NO Hunter...

I still wanted to do some DH. Every year I do one or two DH days. Usually a trip north to Whiteface to visit my buddy.

Hey, I am NO DH expert and neither a Big Air guy, but I do enjoy all the technical mega rock gardens, big roots, big descents and rollers and of course some skinnes, teeters and ladders here and there. :getsome:

So my only chance for some DH this year was Diablo, hell, I had to "christen" my new Full Face Lid ;)

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Day 13 & Day 14

Day 13
I was sooo tired of all the riding I decided to rest.
Anyway, I needed to upload all the pics, start editing videos, catch up on the bills and laundry.

Speaking of editing vids, what a pain in the ARSE...I am nowhere done, and I have to convert my mp3's to WAV's so I can put them on the videos...piece of crap!

Day 14
My first ride at Jungle Habitat....Thanks Joe (VelocityBoy) for the tour.
Just 7 miles about, but pretty much all the single track the park has to offer. Joe posted a pic on the other thread.
We ran into a Momma bear and 3 cubs on one of the trails. They didnt even care we were there.
Nice trails there, I think next time I will bring my SS, since there is not a lot of climbing and the rocks aren't that bad.

Ok, I think I am up to date...

Tomorrow....probably the road....

Glancing Aft

Day 13
Speaking of editing vids, what a pain in the ARSE...I am nowhere done, and I have to convert my mp3's to WAV's so I can put them on the videos...piece of crap!
Get a Mac, it makes editing videos a peice of cake! Will we be seeing any videos from Kingdom Trails? The photos are great!
Last time I was at JH I saw those bears as well, they must be getting big now :getsome:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Day 15

Today just a quickie road ride after work.

I just realized I haven't cooked anything since my family left:hmmm:
So there is not much to comment about nutrition. I basically have been eating out, and if I am home, is either Cereal, Salad or Sandwiches.

Top Bottom