Last minute advice- NJ to GWB and beyond...

UnionRider475

I've decided tomorrow morning is it - I'm going to ride from Ft. Lee over the George Washington Bridge all the way into Central Park . I've been wanting to do this for YEARS ! ( I grew up 24 miles from the Statue of Liberty and still haven't been there either )
Any advice ? Where should I park ? I've looked into parking at Ft. Lee Historical Park and that should be fine ( I think ) Does anyone know when you can begin to park there ? Park website says daylight - but is there a gate that officially opens at a certain time ? I'd like to get there around 6 - 6:30 am .
I've planned out a route - anyone have any input on what they would do ?
Thanks in advance

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
give me a time at GWB entrance and i will show you, do it everyday. Better yet text me 908 339 1641.

UnionRider475

give me a time at GWB entrance and i will show you, do it everyday. Better yet text me 908 339 1641.

Thanks - I have to pick someone up at Newark Airport ( another last minute )
Looks like Thursday morning I'll take you up on that .
What time are you going to be there ? I'll go when you go

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm relatively certain the gate will be open at Fort Lee Historic Park, but can't make any guarantees. I think they just leave it open all the time. There is a booth there, but no one works it during the weekdays.

I'm relatively certain you won't get a ticket parking there (especially if you're coming right back after the ride), but can't make any guarantees. Technically, you're not supposed to.

I'm relatively certain I'll jump in on this ride, but can't make any guarantees. So do we have a solid time for this? 6:30am at GWB?

If you feel sketchy about parking, I'd suggest parking down by the pub in Edgewater and climbing up the hill to the bridge:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=edge...WUa0A-2W5o4b5Fkfx7zUJQ&cbp=12,219.09,,0,18.76

Or if you're coming right back after the ride, the parking meters immediately North of the bridge run 9hrs and are very reasonable in pricing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom