Last Beginner ride Sept. 2

N

NMBPmike

I can't say enough about these rides and what they have done for me this summer. Definitely some of the best times I have had all summer. I have met so many great people and had some really good times. A special thanks to Frank for making these rides a reality. Also, a special thanks to Mike for always brining up the rear (haha), always giving me pointers, and being my built in GPS system. Unfortunately I will not be able to make the last ride as I will be working, but I hope to see all of you during the weekends whenever there are rides. I will be lurking the boards and hope to see everyone soon!

Peace!

Josh,
Hey bud not a problem always happy to help anyone learn how to have fun.
Keep riding all year the winter is a ton-O-Fun too.

WHeels Down

Mike F.

N

NMBPmike

Well I can't say how much I appreciate everyone's help and encouragement.
We have to do some beginner-paced rides throughout the winter... I am game (as long as I don't fall and TACO my rim before the ride again.....)

Ken,
hows the finger?? Nothing like a good chunk of skin fold, mixed with dirt to get you going.:drooling:

Mike

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
cool stuff I think we were moving a bit too fast I forgot it was your first clipless ride..
went out tonight broke another spoke :mad2: and I think I got my little toe in tiger woods....
hopefully have it back for this weekend my wheel that is.
if you are up for it let me know we can hit a loop at allaire.

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
cool stuff I think we were moving a bit too fast I forgot it was your first clipless ride..
went out tonight broke another spoke :mad2: hopefully have it back for this weekend if you are up for it let me know we can hit a loop at allaire.

time to get a new wheel or have yours re-laced. Cheap (oem on non-high end bikes) spokes only last so long. Have it laced with Wheelsmith or DT's and be done with it.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
from what they say it might be replaced under warranty ...
I have a 200$ mongoose that I have never broke a spoke with riding the same style this just don't sound like I should be killing the spokes like I am..that and the bike is only 6 months old...

Last edited:

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
looks like we are going to have a gorgeous night for a ride tonight. EVERYONE GET THERE EARLY!!! i wanna get a good ride in tonight!!

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
great ride. great people. great season. what can i say other than this is probably the greatest group of people ive ever been a part of. cant wait till april till it starts all over again. :getsome:501 CREW LIKE GLUE:getsome:

rlb

Sounds like you all have a kick ass time out there, I plan to join you next year. Can't wait! I only wish I would have taken the bike out of the garage earlier this year....

Frank

Sasquatch
I second that.....

great ride. great people. great season. what can i say other than this is probably the greatest group of people ive ever been a part of. cant wait till april till it starts all over again. :getsome:501 CREW LIKE GLUE:getsome:

It was a lot of fun this season...I am sad that it's over. Here's a little vid of the "train" we had tonight.

NJ Jess on the skinny:
DSCN1674.jpg

Jim (of Jim and Val fame) :
DSCN1675.jpg

and Don who didn't make it in this shot :
DSCN1676.jpg

the group just before we went into the woods:
DSCN1678.jpg

.......and in the woods.
DSCN1682.jpg

a great time, thanks for coming folks.

Last edited:

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Sounds like you all have a kick ass time out there, I plan to join you next year. Can't wait! I only wish I would have taken the bike out of the garage earlier this year....
Dude I for one try and ride all year and I know we will be coming to a trail near you just keep an eye on the boards and come on out if not catch us next year for fun and fame.
BTW: great ride tonight we had close on to 27 in the group plus Jesse brought her skinny board which I surprised myself and made almost half way...we had a few that cleared it..:)
l8tr Mike

dualfisted

so sad

great night tonight folks. what a way to wrap this season up. Awesome turnout. Awesome weather. Portable skinny in house, and a wonderful, glorious, stupendous ride on the sickles. Thanks so much to everyone involved, I only wish I could be available to make more than just every other week. Looking forward to next year, also can't wait for Jorbafest. I'm sure we'll all be seeing each other on the trails. Also, if I forget names, well, please forgive me, I may not be a stoner, but I've got the memory of one. Lates, TJ 501 Crew Like Glue, suckas.........EXTREME!!!!!!!!!!

don

Wicked fun time last night. It was my first (and I guess last) ride with the group and met a bunch of cool people that flat out like to ride.

A big thanks to Frank and Mike and Jess and anyone else that helped organize this. I could quickly tell it was a great opportunity for all levels of riders. Everyone was riding really well but more importantly were just stoked on riding.

The pace was a good one too - I was in the back and in the middle for different parts and loved it. Just having fun carving the various trails at Allaire - it's a great place to either pedal your butt off or get a few cranks and pump thru stuff. The flow of that place works well especially when lead by people that know a good route of it.

Along with the different levels was the different styles of bikes - 29er's, sussy rigs, rigids, HT's, semi freeride setup. What's cool about Allaire is that each type of bike can work well there.

Thanks to Jess for the trucking in the skinny. I must have tried that thing 100x and could have ridden it a 100 more. Fustrating and fun at the same time - that thing was hard!

And thanks to Jamie(?) (Bianchi SS) and Chris (Fisher 29er SS) for that crazy tour of the river trail. Yikes! Next time I'll bring my inferred googles. I don't know how you 2 were getting thru that zone so quick with so little light.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
video and pictures were great now if only Mr.Chainsaw would post the ones he took instead of playing the X-box....:)

Dirt*2

Note of Thanks

Tricia and I just wanted to say thanks to Frank, Mike and Jess and anyone else involved in running the Tuesday night rides. You do a great job! We had good time riding with you both times we made it down, just wish we could have made it more often. Special thanks to Mike for leading us out last night and for the first aid help. Tricia's looking pretty good this morning, the cut is clean and healing.

Thanks Again,

Ed and Tricia

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions