Landis guilty of doping

NJ Jess

Darn

Why, why, why. Sometimes winning is really losing,.....your hopes, dreams, and character. Wrong side of history, my friend, wrong side.

J

joanqs

is anyone surprised by this? Has anyone considered that professional athletes should be allowed to use? I don't care if they do-and they will and do anyway regardless of the rules. I think sports organizations should consider regulation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
is anyone surprised by this? Has anyone considered that professional athletes should be allowed to use? I don't care if they do-and they will and do anyway regardless of the rules. I think sports organizations should consider regulation.

Can't imagine anyone is surprised. But the question of "should" is a different matter. Do I think a guy should be able to inject another guy's blood into his system before he rides? I think that would just lend itself to further breaking of rules in other areas.

As for pro sports, they should probably either consider regulation or actually testing & enforcing like the rules say. Either make it part of the sport or zero tolerance, in all sports. It's such a waffling approach they take now it holds no water.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Dopers should have their own class, like those Crazy-Super-Top-Nitro Fuel dragsters do...They're going to do it anyway...Might as well give them a spot so they can...They could just test everyone and then break them up depending on what they're on!! Just my .02...

-Jim.

J

Jeff

I don't know if any of you follow or train MMA, but this is an extremely heavily debated issue amongst that crowd. Some folks say there should be no performance enhancers (i.e. roids, doping), yet a lot of guys also say 'let anyone use what they want'. They've got the mindset that the abusers will burn out sooner than later.

A lot of MMA folks also use marijuana as a 'performance enhancer'. If you're not into jujitsu (or ganj, for that matter), you probably wouldn't imagine how much of a positive influence it can have on expanding your skillset and willingness to try new things, but it's a pretty intriguing subject to me. If anybody is interested, here are some excerpts of an absolutely AMAZING mixed martial artist (nick diaz) speaking about it... If not, disregard!

For the record, right now, I think someone needed to come out and say it: I think smoking pot is good for mixed martial artists. It's a new day and age, this is, uh, the year ... Fuck year is it? I don't know, because I've been training and smoking pot like I should, instead of paying attention to other bullshit, which I don't do.

What I do is, I fight. So you know, I get on the ball and I do what I gotta do. And it's funny, to come home, to fucking crash out, I don't drink a bunch of — I don't drink a shot of whatever and pop a bunch of Vicodin like everybody else.

I don't see what it is about the way these people want to tell us — we're mixed martial artists, right? I mean, you don't tell your musical artists how to write their music, right? I mean, if you told them that and you said, "Hey, no drugs for you," or "No alcohol for you," or whatever, and you go back in time, you try to find me one musical artist that was any damn good whatsoever.

Just think of one, right now.

I mean, you can't! Already — got you right there! You should've been able to think of one in 5 seconds, you know what I mean, that was any damn good without it. I said, fuck no, there is not one person that was any good, that was successful at all, unless they were fucking choking to death on their own vomit, every last one of them. They all — well, you know.

I don't know about you guys, but I like my rock stars choking on their own vomit and uh, you know, what's it matter anyways?

Making weed illegal is a little bit paranoid, don't you think? It's like saying God made a mistake, you know what I mean? It's like, you've got the whole world and Earth and all its holy creations, right? And God is like, "Hmm, lookit, my whole world in all its holy ways," and he's like, "Oh-my-me-oh-shit, I left weed in here. Yeah right, I left weed in here. Oh, shouldn't have smoked that joint on the third day."

Like, what the fuck? You think he forgot? I mean, just looking at it from a religious point of view or something like that. Oh fuck, now he's gotta create Republicans, right, or something or whatnot. I don't know, I'm just irritated that I get suspended and that put a dent in my career because I want to smoke some weed.

Vegas is a fucking theme, dude, that shit doesn't fool me.

Every fighter I know wants to move there and wants to live there. You gotta be kidding me. These fucking assholes. I mean — I love it, because they're that dumb, I'm like, "I can't wait to fight 'em, they're so stupid."

They thrive off these big fucking fake-titty mutant chicks that are fucking disgusting whores, every last one of them. They're all trying to do something to get somwhere, or if they're out there they're trying to fucking do it up with their old man somewhere else.

It's just like, and regardless, you're there — if I were there, I'd be there to meet some people, you know, like some endorsement deals, some things or whatnot. These people, they end up wanting to live there and move there. All they do is go out and drink and they can't — they all drink. Even the ones that — even athletes there that don't drink, the other ones force them into drinking and they don't go out and stand around drink water like I do. I've seen 'em and they all fucking move to Vegas and they go to these clubs and it's just like, "Dude you are fucking kidding me."

You know, I feel like I can go out there and live somewhere in a place like that — probably not that place, ever, I can hardly stay there for a fucking week, I hate it there, honestly — and then you know, make some money for myself, move back here, to some little spot, you know what I mean, where there's fucking a vineyard on the side of it and I can shoot rabbits outside of my door with a shotgun and nobody's gonna say shit to me. That would make me happy.

The fact of the matter is, if you go home — okay, I'm gonna tell all you fighters out there something right now, from my experience — if you have friends that you get high with, get 'em to train with you.

Because you get high all the time, you can't find people that train all the time. But if you get high and train, you will get high and train all the time together and it will be fucking massive-takeover-smoke-weed-and-kill-people shit.

And then, not to mention, when you're done, you know, you guys are probably all going to get high together at whoseover house's cool, and probably all go and get a whole shitload of groceries at the store, go home and cook 'em. Instead of trying to make it out of the gym early to the club before it closes — or for instance we close around here around 2 o'clock — so people will be taking off trying to go early, trying to make it to meet whoever,whatever, this and that, yadda yadda, drinking a little bit of alcohol, can't go there without drinking — it could be a little bit easier to just fucking smoke a bowl and then crash out until you wake up and do it all over again, see what I mean?

Not to mention when you don't want to go, when you feel like shit and you fucking don't want to train anymore — if you go ahead and get loaded, then you might not give a shit what you're about to go do, you just go do it. So you know, for all you fighters out there, it might be what you need, instead of fucking sticking that needle in your ass.

Because I'm telling you right now, these people that fucking do steroids, you know what I mean? I'm like, I wish everything was legal, because that would give them the chance to go out there and make their mark and then burn the fuck out. And that's when I come in with my consistency, because I'm coming.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not for nothing but that's a pretty incoherent piece of literature. The God-marijuana stuff sounds like George Carlin.

J

Jeff

oh, agreed. He is internationally known for rambling on and on and on and on. When people interview him, they usually ask an initial question and let him go from there. If you watch the video, it will all make a bit more sense.

However, I think his speech being off is more due to his genetics/ surroundings/ one too many big hits taken, rather than his marijuana use. Joe Rogan and Jeff Monson, for instance, are both large 'spotlight' figures in the MMA world, as well as being huge MJ advocates, as well as being extremely literate. Same goes with Eddie Bravo, who is a jujitsu prodigy and master of the 'rubber guard'.

J

joanqs

and for those naysayers, take a look at this... nick is also a monster on a bike!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=74t_RgCn8jQ

this guy exemplifies how simple it all is or can be. oh to be so brave and bold, lucky fella.

Dopers should have their own class, like those Crazy-Super-Top-Nitro Fuel dragsters do...They're going to do it anyway...Might as well give them a spot so they can...They could just test everyone and then break them up depending on what they're on!! Just my .02...

-Jim.

i love this idea. we may have to designate an island for roid heads, so that they can take out the rage on eachother. sort of like an "escape from new york" type place.

i obviously need sleep

Top Bottom