Lance back for 09 tour

bobkennelly

I just read this now. Working for free? I dunno bout that!
Im am sure he has more than enough money.
Im glad he's coming back, The Tour was alittle lack-luster for me this year, only watched it half as much as I normally do...and nothing is free these days..

Ian F

Yeah... heard this on NPR news last night... should be interesting... I personally don't think he'll have much of a chance of winning, but at least it'll be fun to watch the Tour again...

On a good note, since this is being announced early enough, there should be plenty of time for a tv network to set up some good live coverage.

Nimrod

I just read this now. Working for free? I dunno bout that!

Lance already makes 15-20 million a year selling Power Bars, Gataorade, GU, etc.

A salary is for him would amount to chump change.

Their probably offering Lance part ownership of the team ( I would) with the torrent of revenue he would bring in.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I personally don't think he'll have much of a chance of winning, but at least it'll be fun to watch the Tour again...

I would have to imagine that he will pull together a good team an be able to man handle the tour similar to csc this year and I am sure csc plans to do this also.. it should make things interesting....

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i doubt it will happen but it'd be nice if he got hooked up with one of the two US based teams.

NJ Jess

yup

he's going to try for an 8th, but I suspect he is just trying to make sure Astana gets invited to the Tour this year.

BiknBen

...but I suspect he is just trying to make sure Astana gets invited to the Tour this year.

I doubt that will be an issue next year even without Lance. Astana is making the ASO look silly for not inviting them to the Tour. Contador won the Giro and he and Leiphiemer are 2nd and 3rd currently at the Vuelta.

THATmanMANNY

I wouldn't doubt him winning. I think he's definately go to bring his A game despite his absence. This guys mentality is probably melleniums beyond any of his competitors.

"This is my body and I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?"

I never got into cylcing till past year but I always followed him due to the fact my french teacher made us watch highlights of the races for 4 years that she recorded VCR style. She was awesome. No work, no reading, no nothing, we just watched the tour for a week outta the year.

Last edited:

keithsly

I love the quote form Levi.... He's not too happy about Lance's return !!

"Another Astana rider, Levi Leipheimer, seemed soured by talk of riding with Armstrong again. "I don't want to talk about it," said Leipheimer, who rode alongside Armstrong for one season at U.S. Postal Service.

Who would blame him..... While Lance is the Great American Hope and wants to let everyone know he can win and remove any doubt that he doped while winning, but you have to know that every American Cyclist in the Pro Tour is tired of hearing the name Lance Armstrong but will only admit it behind closed doors....

I doubt that will be an issue next year even without Lance. Astana is making the ASO look silly for not inviting them to the Tour. Contador won the Giro and he and Leiphiemer are 2nd and 3rd currently at the Vuelta.

The ASO had to do that last year amidst all the clouds of doubt that surronded that team.... And why such a short ride last night BEN ??

Last edited:

bobkennelly

I wouldn't doubt him winning. I think he's definately go to bring his A game despite his absence. This guys mentality is probably melleniums beyond any of his competitors.

"This is my body and I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?"

I never got into cylcing till past year but I always followed him due to the fact my french teacher made us watch highlights of the races for 4 years that she recorded VCR style. She was awesome. No work, no reading, no nothing, we just watched the tour for a week outta the year.

Do you remember that comercial about 6-7 years or so ago, where every one was asking him whats hes on, it was on during the tour -de- france, and I believe they showed him in all weather conditions riding his bike and saying Im on my bike 6 hours a day,as he pulled into his driveway, thats what on on!
I just remember saying, Yea!! you tell um Lance at the tv screen...

Top Bottom