Lakes with bike lanes

THATmanMANNY

I’m interested to know if there are any lakes in NJ or close that has designated bike lanes around the road that surrounds the lake. It seems like every lake I’ve been to does not have room for such. Or maybe sidewalk. Is that too much to ask for?

Anything out there? Thanks!

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Nothing in NJ really comes to mind for true bike lanes on a road around a lake. Some are close:
Manasquan Reservoir (Gravel)
Brick Reservoir (paved path) I would not drive there just for this, but Allaire is really close.
Lake Nummy in Belleplain (Park roads/gravel/trails)
Makepeace Lake in Atlantic County - Dirt Roads

PA:
Peace Valley in Bucks County has a bike path around it
Lake Nockamixon has trails surrounding it that may as well be roads :D

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The boardwalk along the Atlantic Ocean.
more of an out and back tho

suspect you want to take a kid riding? Or is this a ride-and-fish?

THATmanMANNY

@KenS ! Nice list. Thanks! What about adjacent states? Or paths don’t have to be fully around the body of water either.

@Patrick Just for safe biking and running/walking with the fam. Actually looking for more of a vacay spot.

Last edited:

JDurk

@KenS ! Nice list. Thanks! What about adjacent states? Or paths don’t have to be fully around the body of water either.

@Patrick Just for safe biking and running/walking with the fam. Actually looking for more of a vacay spot.
Adjacent states and vacation spot:
Lake Placid, NY. Mirror Lake has a path/road around the whole lake. Also Peninsula Trails on a small portion of Lake Placid.
Raystown Lake, PA. No trails around the lake, and a new mulchy hiking path near the lake.

Mr.Moto

+1 for Minnewaska / Awosting. It's one of the only places my family will bike. Beautiful views from some of the trails. Crystal clear lakes. Trails around the lakes are slight rougher than the gravel trails but worth doing.

Minnewaska gets crowded, so biking (or hiking) to Awosting Lake is worth it.
E5D1CD33-43D8-4FCD-A7E2-A14FAC8B7F62.jpeg

Sergey

Ramapo lake off Skyline drive has a dirt road around the lake, including access to unofficial swimming spot.

Top Bottom