KVSP Trail Maintenance

Shaggz

A strong 7
B@stard! The trails were in GREAT shape yetserday, especially that yellow climb to the needle. Puke Hill was almost enjoyable, too.

heythorp

So is the crossing at the airport only opened on the weekends? it was closed today and since this is the only time I have ridden there during the week I would like to know? or was this just a fluke?

Shaggz

A strong 7
kirt: thanks, i've tried to reach out to the guy listed on the jorba site (highhills?), and i tried the folks at bulldog, but have hit dead ends. even posted up on the "other" boards, with no response.

heythorp: access permanantly closed due to nj avaiation/faa security and safety rulings. you can park at the dirt access area on 206 or go to the goodale road entrance.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Team Bulldog is offically sanctioned to maintain the trails in KSVP, however, they are not a JORBA chapter. They do a fine job, and I do speak with them on occasion but because they're not affiliated with JORBA, they're off our radar at the current time.

I will follow up with Jim (highills), our JORBA rep for KVSP, and see if he's been getting any emails and if he's planning on any trail dates.

cheers!

SpartaBard

smarencik,

I have always parked at the airport lot and went around the runway to the left or south of the airport. Is that side still open? That was always a nice quick way to get to the single track in the southern portion of the park.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Sparta Brad said:
smarencik,

I have always parked at the airport lot and went around the runway to the left or south of the airport. Is that side still open? That was always a nice quick way to get to the single track in the southern portion of the park.

Park Management is shutting down that access point.

I spoke to Rocky the park superintendant about this last week at the Trails Plan Update meeting. He had a whole laundry list of real dumb-arse moves that people have been doing, on or around that runway. I know its going to be a pain the arse for you KSVP riders but believe me if you were in his position and you had to deal with the stunts people are pulling I think you'd shut it down too. Sadly, all it takes is a few jack-asses to spoil a good thing. In this case it was dozens of incidents and Rocky's phone has been ringing about each one (from his boss by the way).

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
It ruins that nice section of the park. Now there are two Kittatinny parks -- one with nice bathrooms for boaters and the "other park". Hope they don't get too pissed when I change in the parking lot. :)

That does suck because I used to park in that lot, do a bike ride and then go out for a Kayak workout. Now I will have to drive 4 miles to do the Kayak thing. Also, a lot of families used that lot to picnic & then take the kids out on a ride. Can't do that now. Oh well -- instead of enforcing the laws, let's ruin it for everyone else.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i thought everyone changed in parking lots? even when i'm not going for a ride....

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Allamuchy Joe said:
That does suck because I used to park in that lot, do a bike ride and then go out for a Kayak workout. Now I will have to drive 4 miles to do the Kayak thing. Also, a lot of families used that lot to picnic & then take the kids out on a ride. Can't do that now. Oh well -- instead of enforcing the laws, let's ruin it for everyone else.

i thought the goodale road entrance had a lower lot with lake access? still looks that way on google satellite.

Shaggz

A strong 7
that dumps you near the (old) park office. there is a small boat ramp approx. 1/4 mile away, but that is used for state purposes, and is off-limits to the common folk

Top Bottom