KVSP new trail?

xc62701

Hey guys. I was at Kittatinny yesterday and decided to do the race loop in reverse a few times and saw that there is a new trail cut. It's on the side of the park that is the closest to 206. The loop goes out close to 206 and then turns back in towards the center of the park. Actually it overlooks the road department lot I believe. It's a cool little piece of singletrack that needs some riding to be burned in. If you are in that area keep an eye open for it. It's cool.

Ryan H.

ytc100

xc62701 said:
Hey guys. I was at Kittatinny yesterday and decided to do the race loop in reverse a few times and saw that there is a new trail cut. It's on the side of the park that is the closest to 206. The loop goes out close to 206 and then turns back in towards the center of the park. Actually it overlooks the road department lot I believe. It's a cool little piece of singletrack that needs some riding to be burned in. If you are in that area keep an eye open for it. It's cool.

Ryan H.

I'll have to try and find this Saturday. Any hints as to where to pick it up? There is some single track that runs along the back of the road dept. lot I've been on but it just dead ends at the fireroads south of the airport. Is it near that? Thanks.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I think that trail is subordinate to the orange triangle trail to the left of the gravel access road as you head to the 206 parking area.

xc62701

ytc100 said:
I'll have to try and find this Saturday. Any hints as to where to pick it up? There is some single track that runs along the back of the road dept. lot I've been on but it just dead ends at the fireroads south of the airport. Is it near that? Thanks.

What I did was from the main lot on Goodale I took the race course backwards. I went across the field directly away from the parking lot and straight into that rocky climb that is just into the woods and followed the course onto I believe the blue trail. This is the one that takes you to the fast banked curvy trail in the brush. Once you take that and come out on the other side there is a hill that you climb that takes a big left at the top and then you head back towards the center of the park. As you make the left and start climbing a gradual piece of fire road there will be a trail off to your right. It's small and not well ridden yet. Take that and it will drop you back into the fire road just a little further up. Give it a shot. I rode it 3 times yesterday and it was a nice little extension. There's only one short slick hill that's still giving me problems. Enjoy!

Ryan H.

Top Bottom