KVSP Bears

njkayaker

I ride KVSP several times a week. my backyard so to speak. Have seen no bears all summer until the last few days. several encounters over on 2 sections of the blue trail. the bear last night looked hurt and was walking on 3 legs. good size. maybe 350 lbs area. some of that trail is very limited site around corners so juts a heads up.

chrisbr66

bears

I was out around 3:00 today on the blue trail and saw a bear. Didn't get a good look at him but he ran away pretty fast.

njkayaker

I was back last night and saw another between the blue and red trail. same area though. That is the last 3 rides since Sat now I have come across a bear. They are very active

njkayaker

I have been riding KVSP before it was a park. HAve seen bears there every part of the park over the years but this year nothing until the past week then every day. was just kind of an unusual year. I have had some really close encounters where if we both reached out I could touch him. not scared of them. never have had one be aggressive with me but I respect the hell out of them.

jdgang

Riding the blue this morning around 9. In the ST twisties going towards 206 came up on a bear, about 20 feet in front of us. Took one look at us and ran off. Male about 350 lbs but was not hurt

njkayaker

same area I keep seeing them. going to have to maybe stay off that trail when riding nights with a cycling light.

Top Bottom