Kurt Kinetic Road Machine Control Board

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I know it;s a long shot but thought I;d give it a try. I have a Kurt Road Control smart trainer with a bad control board. It seems like such a common problem that Kurt has them listed as an "accessory" on their website. Of course they are out of stock and I can't get any response at all from Kurt. Let me know what you have and how much you want for it. Open to other smart trainers if nobody has a board for this too.

Thanks

Is it this?
Or a part inside of it?

It's the PC board inside of that. The whole trainers are going for about that much now. The board is listed at $40 on the Kurt site. It's for a friend, so if if I can't find it for around that price I'll just get something else that might be more reliable like the Wahoo Kickr Snap that I'm using now.

Fyi Got a a free to me older cyclops (now Saris) Magnus wheel on trainer it’s been working great for me for about 6-7 months. I’ve seen them for sale for as low as $100-$150 if you can snag one.

Their trainers are now on sale. I have their Rock and Roll trainer cause I like how you aren't planted on the ground the whole time.Screenshot_20231126-180542.png

Their trainers are now on sale. I have their Rock and Roll trainer cause I like how you aren't planted on the ground the whole time.View attachment 228008
Yeah, the problem is that my friend spent almost $600 during Covid and the thing has been hardly used. It seems they sold the company a few years ago and customer service is crap.

Yeah, the problem is that my friend spent almost $600 during Covid and the thing has been hardly used. It seems they sold the company a few years ago and customer service is crap.
Yep, I saw there's nothing left on their site. Last year they still had choices.

Quick look, some of them are a power issue, rather than control board.

Let me know if you want me to take a shot at fixing it.

By power you mean the power connector on the PCB? If so, I took a look at that and it seems ok. One of the chips seems hot, but if.you are willing to look at it the sure.👍

Back
Top Bottom