Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
That looks like a ton of fun.

I think the Jay challenge was today??

j

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
are those the new rims? what tires are those? they look like, what, a true 2.5?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
are those the new rims? what tires are those? they look like, what, a true 2.5?

hahahaha. like i said, more info tomorrow. you're definitely nowhere near warm though. identify the tire on your left in the second pic and you should be able to figure it out.

walter

Fourth Party
hahahaha. like i said, more info tomorrow. you're definitely nowhere near warm though. identify the tire on your left in the second pic and you should be able to figure it out.

The tire on the left is a 2.5 weirwolf i believe.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Looks like a fixed-gear 26" wheel with a tire big enough that the outer dia is the same as a 29er.

Looks like an IRC trail bear tread.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Looks like a fixed-gear 26" wheel with a tire big enough that the outer dia is the same as a 29er.

Looks like an IRC trail bear tread.

freewheel, still need to install the brake.

re:trail bear, think bigger.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
alriht, so, they're 26x3" tires on 46mm wide trials rims. it is my snow bike that i'll be taking to alaska next week for the susitna 100. rear disk brake will be installed today at the bike shop. also need to tension the wheels and redish the front. i built them up here at the house yesterday with no stand. paul hubs, dt supercomps, alu nipples(came with the spokes, i prefer brass).

wheels and tires are lighter and more aggressive than a large marge/endomorph combo, but obviously don't provide anywhere near as much float. i'll get better traction, but less float, so we'll see what that does.

the tires fit fine in the km frame fork with room to spare. i put the riser bars on to get myself in a more comfy position of all that distance, and take weight off the front wheel. bar ends will likely be installed, as will pogies(moose mitts) that i'll be making later today or tomorrow.

it will have a seatpost rack with a trunk bag attatched, sleeping bag/pad/bivy strapped to the handlebar, and a couple of bags strapped inside the front triangle.

weather forecast is calling for snow up to and during the race with temps in the teens and twenties. so i wont need my clipless pack boots, and will be wearing the lakes. should be an interesting race.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
here's a few more photos taken at the shop today. maaan this beast is fun to ride. i'll hit the trails with it tomorrow.

10psi in the tires, and 200lbs of me on the saddle. these tires are tough. and they weigh more than the wheels they're mounted too...

Top Bottom