Kresson Impression

TFTRL

Got my first taste of Kresson today. Not bad but small place. Rooty and muddy today. I like mud!

Favorite feature: The trail along the stream. Nice, fast rolling, and serene.

I still much prefer CCC though.

JDurk

Don't want this to come across the wrong way, but this is the second post I've read where you've mentioned mud. But just a friendly FYI, most trail workers do not like people riding on their hard work when it's damp. Damp conditions vary for ride locations, especially in S. Jersey. CCC is usually rideable the day after a rain because of the sand. GCC needs a 2 day drying. Ceres has more elevation variation, so the lower trails will stay wet longer, but usually within a day or two. Though it's probably the closest location to me, I don't ride Kresson that often, but if I remember correctly, it does not dry out that fast.

Please review the following info and enjoy the new bike.
http://www.imba.com/about/rules-trail
and
http://www2.jorba.org/index.php?title=Trail_Conditions

JD

Last edited:

TFTRL

I take no offense at all. I really hadn't thought about that. Good info that helps a new rider like myself look at muddy conditions in an unignorable light. Thanks JD :cool:

Ed Oh

I wont go out of my way to roll Kresson like I would Ceres. But its defintely a fun, flowy, trail that is easily read, marked, and looped together for a break from reality in a unlikely spot. Its a fun quick smash and run, unlike others were your putting in some hours.

10/17/13 - I rode 4miles in 30mins. Only one other hiker as I was leaving, otherwise I had it to my own. A couple spots were muddy, but that looked typical. Otherwise they were hard and clean, well maintained trails. Magenta trail is hoot... loop that in with everything-

njmark

Professional Cyclist
The section across Springdale avenue is pretty cool but the trails are disappearing with the leaves falling

MisterE

I've heard conflicting stories on whether or not the trails across Springdale are for public use. Anyone have some solid information? Want to enjoy the ride, not come home with a ticket.

MikeP

I've heard conflicting stories on whether or not the trails across Springdale are for public use. Anyone have some solid information? Want to enjoy the ride, not come home with a ticket.

they are not approved trails and atleast part of them are on private property.....that being said they are rode often

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions