Kittatinny Valley State Park Conditions

Deeptrax

Had a nice ride there yesterday. Trails have been cleared of leaves and arrows spray painted all over the place. The rain was washing them away but the cleared trails were greasy slick and the now exposed roots were like ice. Must be a big trail run coming soon. Wish they would put the leaves back after the run.

jdgang

it happens twice a year both of which benefits http://friend2friendscwf.org/ . Once for the Hot Chilli Run which is a 8 mile that is ran on the airport side of the park and then the Thunder Run which ran last week, this is a half marathon that combines the Summer Solstice run (5 miles the needle side of the park) with the Hot Chilli. The people who run this are fantastic and for the Hot Chilli raised over 10K dollars through donations from the entry fees, the Salt Shakers and the NYC fire department. I myself beat my previous time running the Hot Chilli by just over 10 minutes this year vs last.

Deeptrax

I just wish they could push the leaves back on the trails and it would be nice again. Looks like roadways throughout the park.

njkayaker

i ride there nights and the cleared leaves sure help following the trail in the dark. I can ride much faster.

dingo369

Really, your going to complain that the leaves were blown off the trails. Plus it goes to a great cause. MAN UP.

Madmason

Thanksgiving weekend

Was wondering if anyone will be out there thanksgiving weekend. I have a camper in harmony ridge and will be up there.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was wondering if anyone will be out there thanksgiving weekend. I have a camper in harmony ridge and will be up there.

Not sure about KSVP, but I'll def be out and about within the nearby Allamuchy park system.

Shoot me a pm if you want to tour.

BAIN

Won't be around this weekend, but why travel to KVSP when you have some of the best riding right behind you in Stokes?

Madmason

I went to stokes last weekend and the only 2 trails I picked were straight rocks. I would love for some pointers on trails because I am only 5 mins from there, thanks bro:)

njkayaker

I did a FTB KVSP yesterday. Trail conditions were good. Ground was frozen for the most part. not very muddy or wet. had a great ride and didn't see another soul

ryderX

KVSP is frozen solid and should be good to to ride until noon(ish) Saturday. Cycle Craft's Rock and Root Store at the intersection of Gooddale and 206 has a pretty decent selection of Fatbike demos available. This is the perfect time of the year to try one.

Mildly Wild

Current conditions?

Anyone been to KVSP recently? Weather.com shows very little snowfalll for Andover over the past week. If that's correct, I was thinking hitting it early while still frozen might be good.

njkayaker

I rode KVSP last night. I saw 5 other riders. I was presently surprised it wasn't that muddy at all. there are the usual spots there that are muddy but for the most part it was pretty dam good.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I rode KVSP last night. I saw 5 other riders. I was presently surprised it wasn't that muddy at all. there are the usual spots there that are muddy but for the most part it was pretty dam good.

don't take offence but man I can't even imagine KVSP is even remotely possible to ride now. Thats the last park in our area i would think of riding after the weekend/winter we just had...

njkayaker

I know exactly what you are saying. I went there to check it out thinking I would not be able to ride but wanted to see what it looked like. I was so surprised on how good of shape the trails were in. need to bring my hand saw for next time. There are some sections that need the trail cleared over down on the RT 206 side.

Top Bottom