Kittatinny Valley State Park Conditions

mtn

[DONE] Also tree on the andover loop at luchetti rd that is heavily leaning and blocking the trail from horses and mountain bikes (riding), so that will have to be worked on.

They should really just hire me for the season tbh.

Last edited:

mtn

Park staff can't be bothered to maintain the park...but they did find time and money to put up new gates!

(This tree crown fell and is now safely on the ground)

The top half of a large tree snapped mostly off and is currently hanging directly above a spot on red singletrack. Had to put caution tape up to block the trail and reported it to the office. Not my call to drop the tree or reroute the trail. The office lady sounded stunned that I put tape up and said that she would report it to maintenance, but that honestly hasn't gotten anywhere in the past. So, if people want to go under the tape, it's on them. If the park doesn't want to do anything about it, it's on them. But at least I'll sleep at night knowing I did my part.

Last edited:

SmooveP

Any tree intel?
The place is full of trees - mostly hardwoods like maple, oak and some walnut, but some evergreens, too.
All kidding aside, there was a big tree crew working there on Tuesday. Not sure if they ventured deep into the trail network.

mtn

The place is full of trees - mostly hardwoods like maple, oak and some walnut, but some evergreens, too.
All kidding aside, there was a big tree crew working there on Tuesday. Not sure if they ventured deep into the trail network.
Def not working on the trails. I think they are taking out most of the big trees lining the main road to the office.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got approval from the park to do some trimming-
I’ll be getting out a little bit at a time working my way through stuff.
Started today with the intersection of the Andover Loop and Sussex Trail just off the 206 lot.
After those intersections are cleared, I’ll work my way through red and blue.
9ADBD481-4A31-41A4-BBFB-405477CAF5A2.jpeg

5CB13802-DD0F-4F22-A20C-E6EF66FAABE9.jpeg

55DBE3F7-1F13-429D-9C10-E8230FE08861.jpeg

Bonus- smooshed a Spotted Lantern Fly- fuck those guys.
FDD1B053-FF88-4880-86A6-20F204DBC5F5.jpeg

After:

Top Bottom