Kittatinny Trail Closures???

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I did a quick ride in Kittatinny yesterday AM. I have not been there for a while.

I saw there were three trails recently closed on the loop that goes toward Route 206. The closures don't have signs, but they are blocked at the entrances. Anyone know the details on these? Any more planned? These are not rogue trails that recently popped up -- these trails have been around for a number of years. The closure of 1 of these will cause folks to have to ride through a flooded Red trail during the wet season.

The park is closing all trails that are not on the approved trail map. Been trying to figure out who is now calling the shots at the park office over there.

The park is closing all trails that are not on the approved trail map. Been trying to figure out who is now calling the shots at the park office over there.

Interesting -- this only makes Kittatinny a less desireable place to ride for me. Maybe making it less desireable for mountain bikers is the plan?

The one closed trail had trail blazes on the trees. The other closed flood bypass trail has been there since the 1990's and is on the map.

These look very recently closed -- are there more closures in the works? Is this the start of a trail purge in the park?

It's my understanding that it wasn't a park ranger, and the person or people who are responsible don't have state issued SUV's. :popcorn:

Forget kvsp it has turned into the horsey park. Most blatant snobby horseback riders I ever encountered were there. Besides the witch at deer park who starts screaming 500 feet away but that's only because she can't control her horse.

Forget kvsp it has turned into the horsey park. Most blatant snobby horseback riders I ever encountered were there. Besides the witch at deer park who starts screaming 500 feet away but that's only because she can't control her horse.

After throwing his cigarette on a pile of dried leaves, we had one horseback rider exclaim to my friend, "Don't make me come off this horse and kick your ass!".

Ding ding ! We have a winner. I think you are absolutely correct.

Boy would I have loved to have been there. That is just such BS.

The whole thing started when this long string of horseback riders was meandering down the trail going very slowly. After following at this slow pace at a very respectful distance, my friend asked if we might be able to pass when there is a chance. The reply -- "WHEN WE ARE GOOD AND READY!" Same jerk. Well, it soon escalated into the "kick your ass" comment. Luckily, some of the other horseback riders with cooler heads prevailed.

I agree, KPSV has not been my favorite park in quite a while. I have really been enjoying Stephens and Allamuchy where there are a lot less people and horses.

Back
Top Bottom