Kings Grant info

sandman

Just to be clear. Unless you live, or are with someone who lives in Kings Grant, no matter where you park, you are trespassing. This is like being on privet property. All property outside of the Black Run Preserve also is privet property. I was talking to KGOSA To see if they gave permission to any one, or group, and they have not. This is just an FYI, and nothing else.

fiftyfixe

It's not a parking problem, it's that you have to cross private property to get to the trails. The Black Run Preserve boarders Kings Grant and Kings Grant is private property.

Interesting. I grew up in kings grant. Actually I'm only familiar with entering the park from kings grant which we did as children. Didn't realize they are such a problem recently.

fiftyfixe

A couple of people complained and when we looked into it, and it's all very complicated but we discovered they were correct. If you lived there it was ok to cross Kings Grant property. If you don't you can get in trouble if someone wanted to push the issue. We didn't want to get anyone in trouble or give the biking community a bad name so we moved our meeting location to Kettle Run Rd. & Braddock Mill Rd.

Attachments

• black run parking 2.jpg
    black run parking 2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 302

fiftyfixe

Are you a fat bike rider? Sandman has been leading rides out there that cross Aerohaven. I don't know what his plans are for this you week but I will let you know if black Run Preserve is on the schedule.

Mid week I'm closer to ringwood and jungle habitat, so I ride there. Going to visit family so I was trying to get a ride in with my brother. Our plan probably would have been to enter via kings grant as that's the way we have entered since we were 10. Fortunate for us we would not be trespassing, but our plans might be shot anyway.

Oh, and no fat bike. Just a ss 9er.

fiftyfixe

Fat bikes aren't required but it does help.

Attachments

• 600_369750432.jpg
    600_369750432.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 600_369750442.jpg
    600_369750442.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 337
  • 600_369750452.jpg
    600_369750452.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 338

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions