Kingdom

trener1

On our radar for this trip thx!
If you go to Killington, make sure to stop off at Long Trail brewery and check out some really good beer.

IMG_2277.JPG

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wait, who else is in Killington today? :) We're going to hit Pittsfield.

If you're headed UP to Kindom, the Moose Haven trails at the north end of the Kingdom (Black Bear/Stormin' Normin) are in such good shape it's unbelievable. A lot of the regular Kingdom trails are pretty worn right now with braking bumps.

trener1

I wish I was.... How are the Pittsfield trails?, I heard great things about them.
Did you hit base camp?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pittsfield was OK, nothing spectacular. We did only hit the side towards the highway/river. We had to wade through the river as the bridge was closed (later learned most people go over the unsafe bridge) and I got stung by wasps.

Not destination trails, but not a bad stop. Bed & Breakfast down the road was a good breakfast stop.

roc

Pittsfield was OK, nothing spectacular. We did only hit the side towards the highway/river. We had to wade through the river as the bridge was closed (later learned most people go over the unsafe bridge) and I got stung by wasps.

Not destination trails, but not a bad stop. Bed & Breakfast down the road was a good breakfast stop.
did you remember if you hit a trail called fusters? or something like zeebedoo? I was there a long time ago, but thought they were great.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think we hit Fusters but didn't go past that area as we were worn out and I was in pain from wasp stings.

The trails were OK, not destination worthy but an OK stop.

dmc123

I'm headed to Kingdom Thursday morning for the first time. We plan to ride Fri, Sat and Sun. with the group. I want to do something on the way up since I have all day and it would be a shame to not ride something. Sounds like Millstone might be a good choice. Has anyone ridden the less techy barre town forrest area? Any other suggestions that are closer to the middle of the drive? Is the Burke downhill park worth riding in comparison to doing more of the cross country trails Kingdom has?

thegock

@dmc123 Just got back from a 4 day weekend in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. Pittsfield State Forest, NW of town, has 2 days worth of great, handbuilt trails over 1,000+ vertical feet. Would go back.

Last edited:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm headed to Kingdom Thursday morning for the first time. We plan to ride Fri, Sat and Sun. with the group. I want to do something on the way up since I have all day and it would be a shame to not ride something. Sounds like Millstone might be a good choice. Has anyone ridden the less techy barre town forrest area? Any other suggestions that are closer to the middle of the drive? Is the Burke downhill park worth riding in comparison to doing more of the cross country trails Kingdom has?

Burke downhill park is 100% worth it. There is usually a sunset deal (Thursday or Friday?) that isn't too expensive. The green/blue trails are extremely well groomed and have a ton of flow without any sketchy surprises.

Top Bottom