Kingdom Trails

TimWarchol

Scum Sucker
Well it looks like it is my turn the head up north and explore the wonders of east burke VT. 4 of my other buddies and I will be road tripping up the kingdom and camping out the burke mountain campsite.. anyone familiar with this place or offer any other suggestions?

this well be my first time at kingdom and my first time camping.. any suggestions on what to get for the area and what not to get??

BShow

If you're Camping on Burke Mountain, get a lean-to. Makes life easier for sure. Bring shower shoes.

As for riding, the people in the shop where you buy your trail pass will map out routes for you on the map - they're super nice and very accommodating. The trails that surround the campground are pretty awesome, so be sure to check them out. Last time I was there, we rode up from the campground and it was one of the best loops I've done there. Really, you can't go wrong with any of the trails at KT.

When are you going up there? Some friends and I are heading up late sept/early oct.

roc

i would check out pine hill park in rutland, the place is unbelievable, then i would head up to millstone trails in barre, vt. Both are closer than the kindom trails. I went to kt last year and it was cool, but i liked both of these places better. if you like lewis morris, you will like the kingdom trails. the more technical stuff was not open when i went last year, right around now.

Triple-B

I think it's still mud season up there right now, I used to go up around Ludlow,VT and Henniker,NH and it can be pretty messy this time of year.

BShow

I think it's still mud season up there right now, I used to go up around Ludlow,VT and Henniker,NH and it can be pretty messy this time of year.

It may be mud season, but the KT trails do drain very well. The one time I was there, it pissed rain all night and the trails were nearly dry and very rideable by mid day.

that said, It wouldn't hurt to call the office and ask about conditions before piling in a car and driving 8 hours...

Slinky29er

when are you heading up there? i'm only 2.5 hours from there and i have a friend thats within 40 minutes of the place (he rides there a few times a week). If you want a guy, i can hook you up with him. I'm headed over there on the 23rd of June for 4 days of riding. Rented a condo just above the campground with prime access to Knight Slayer! Lift access i dont think is open yet but it will be by midle of June! I love this trail system though i havent tried the other trails that were mentioned in VT. If you like DH you may want to check out highland on your way up or back....went there last weekend and it was totally sick!! If you need any info on kingdom though just let me know and i can put you in touch with the right people.

Top Bottom