Kingdom Trails which Motel

njkayaker

Which is the better choice. Going up next week.
Lynburke Motel or
Lyndon Motor Lodge?
Thank you in advance

None, look on airbnb or similar. First time we went up we stayed at lyndon motor Lodge, not so great. Next few times we stayed at places from airbnb or home away, it was like night and day, specially in VT. Real gateway. It's little more $ but worth it imo. The village Inn is also nice with swimmimg holes by the creek that runs through the back.

I spend every weekend in the winter in VT snowboarding and never have had any Motel issues. Now which place to ride on the way up. Pine Hill or Ascutney? leaning towards Ascutney.

I usually stay at Lynburke Motel, not a fancy place by any stretch but it's close to the trail head. They're bike friendly, have a hose to wash bikes and let you keep bikes in the room. Decent/ok restaurant across the street, close to Junipers up on Darlington for a fancier/pricier meal but a great view of VT. Last few times stayed at Collonade Inn closer to I-91 when you first pull into town. Again, not fancy but a place to sleep and can keep bikes in room. Bonus with Collonade or Lyndon Motor Lodge is RailHouse breakfast place is on the way to KT - great VT breakfast!
On the way up, definitely hit Ascutney (off-road), or Millstone.

Lynburke was a bit of a dive. KT was awesome! best 3 days I have ever had on a mountain bike. I love that place! so many awesome trails. Moose Alley, Farm Junk, Skydive, Troll Stroll, Tap N Die, Sidewinder, Bear Back, Riverwood, The Pines, Kitckel some of my favorites. Can't wait to go back up. I want to move back up there. Everything I would ever want. Awesome biking and snowboarding at Burke in the winter.

I stayed at the. Lynburke motel and the bike wash was great and the resturant across the street was good , if you enjoy the smell of mold and shitty hotel conditions then that place would be perfect for you

I stayed at the. Lynburke motel and the bike wash was great and the resturant across the street was good , if you enjoy the smell of mold and shitty hotel conditions then that place would be perfect for you

Just the opposite on Airbnb was the Stepping Stone Spa. Booked a room that could fit 4 riders for $100/night in June/July with two person hot tub and breakfast. It is located up on the ridge, right on the meat of the trails near Sidewinder and adjacent to the Chapel.

My Buddie and I rented a house within walking distance to the kingdom trail office. We had our wives and infants with us, so a hotel or spa wouldn't work. But the location was awesome, ride to the trails in the morning, head back in the afternoon for the grilling. The gas station across the street from the KT office has surprisingly good steaks

Many medium priced houses/cabins on VRBO. I used to stay in the Lynnburke back in the day too; nice folks but the rooms need a facelift.

Back
Top Bottom