kind of a noob question about jerseys

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
what is the difference between a road jerzey and a mtb jersey? my brother gave me a really nice jersey that he bought for road biking but it was a bit big on him. just curious of the differences if any.

ArmyOfNone

a "road" jersey is more fitted. a "mtb" jersey is fit more like a t shirt, much more loose fit. also i think the mtb jerseys lack the three little pockets that the road jerseys have which are convinient for stuffing lots of snacks and other goodies.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
ah yeah. it is a big snug on me. ill just save it for when he makes me get on a road bike with him. he DROVE me on his bike route today and i got tired in the car. hahaha. took me to this place called iron bridge road up near round valley. that sh*t is no joke.

ArmyOfNone

ha! there are some damn good roads around that way.

People also cut the elastic out of the sleeves to give you a bit more room. Just something else to think about.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
mtb jerseys are still often like road jerseys. there are some though, that are made more like t-shirts, and lack pockets for those using camelback who don't need them. i like more fitted jerseys because they wick better and don't chafe the nipples as much on looong rides. i also like having the pockets because i dislike using a camelback.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I did not know the difference either as I just started to wear anything more than t-shirts and baggy shorts on the road or in the trails.

NJ Jess

Darks vs lights

Most mtb gear is darker colors due to the mud, whereas roadie can wear white. road jerseys need to be lighter so the sun doesn't melt you when you are riding a century either.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
yeah the jersey my brother gave me is a road jersey for sure. its light colors and has the pockets on the back. i wouldnt want to get it filthy but boy is it COMFY.

walter

Fourth Party
yeah the jersey my brother gave me is a road jersey for sure. its light colors and has the pockets on the back. i wouldnt want to get it filthy but boy is it COMFY.

Actually I think wearing a road jersey off road is good. Its more form fitting and it doesnt interfere with your camelbak and it has less chance of snagging branches etc...

Keep it, wear it in good fun.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
me and MEAN IRISH GUY are chubby i wear fitter jerseys or under armour shirts and they are good with the pak and no snags on trees and they def wick better had a under armour on today and was no as wet as if i wore just a T...but man im chubby...i have 2 jersey cause they are money and 6 under armour shirts 3 summer and 3 winter they are good in both hot and cold...under armour tights in the winter are real real good plus they look cute on me...shorts need to be light c material i have a few north face pars of shorts they are good fit good and dont ride up...mtb socks are good too...they are real breathable and my feet dont get funked up....

Top Bottom