Killington!

PlayAllDay

Hit up Killington this past weekend...2 days of awesome conditions on a few trails...line was long, but the snow was worth it. Not crowded on the trails, just the line. I love Vt! Anyone else been to K yet? So happy to get out on the snow already- great way to start the season. :)

i was poking around the ski resort sites on friday and saw that the beast was open. was it still only open on the upper half of the mtn, or was it top to bottom runs?

The Beast didn't disappoint. :) The top of the mtn was open...they opened last Tues. They did get some natural snow over the last two weeks...I think over a foot or so all together, but I know they lost a lot when it got warm again.
So, you took the gondola to the top and then one chair was open and about 5trails, depending on how you look at it. When you were done riding, there's a long set of stairs/walkway that's brand new that you would use to get back to the top of the gondola in order to get back down to your car. Maybe 5 minutes of walking?
I heard it was empty during the week, but of course it was crowded on the weekend...only the lift line though.

A few years back, I used to do day trips there...crazy tired on the way home. This past Sat, we left early and I was on about 2 hours of sleep, but felt good riding. Hmm, maybe I'll do day trips again...it's insane, but sometimes totally worth it.

A few years back, I used to do day trips there...crazy tired on the way home. This past Sat, we left early and I was on about 2 hours of sleep, but felt good riding. Hmm, maybe I'll do day trips again...it's insane, but sometimes totally worth it.

i used to do the same thing, but to mt snow instead (a little closer, but a lot less vert). i would consider signing myself up for one or two. i used to leave at 4 am, get there around 8:30, eat, ski, and get home at like 10 - 11 pm.

That's cool that K-town is opened already. Heading to Stowe for Turkey Day - the site said they are opening that Sat before. Hoping to get a few days in to kick off the year.

i used to do the same thing, but to mt snow instead (a little closer, but a lot less vert). i would consider signing myself up for one or two. i used to leave at 4 am, get there around 8:30, eat, ski, and get home at like 10 - 11 pm.

ooh, mt snow, I hear they have a real nice park.

That's cool that K-town is opened already. Heading to Stowe for Turkey Day - the site said they are opening that Sat before. Hoping to get a few days in to kick off the year.

Stowe, never been there. Have to check it out.

ooh, mt snow, I hear they have a real nice park.

I used to work at Mount Snow as an Ambassador and within the last 5 years they have really done an awesome job with their park. The hits and terrain is all on one side of the mountain, has its own lift access, parking area and lodge - but still can get around to the main part of the mountain.

Stowe, never been there. Have to check it out.

Stowe is awesome - I used to race/train there. I don't know what it has to offer as far as terrain parks though - but as a skier, the terrain is challenging with steeps and bumps. It's a different crowd from Mount Snow too.

My friend told me Belleayre started blowing snow last week. A lot closer and they usually open before Hunter with much lighter lift lines.

I used to work at Mount Snow as an Ambassador and within the last 5 years they have really done an awesome job with their park. The hits and terrain is all on one side of the mountain, has its own lift access, parking area and lodge - but still can get around to the main part of the mountain.

Stowe is awesome - I used to race/train there. I don't know what it has to offer as far as terrain parks though - but as a skier, the terrain is challenging with steeps and bumps. It's a different crowd from Mount Snow too.

Sweetness...definitely gonna hit up Mount Snow this season, maybe Stowe, and definitely Jay Peak again...Jay is so awesome in the woods.

I love day trips to Hunter. Makes for a long day being a 3-3.5 hr drive from where im at.... but well worth it when Hunter West is in good shape. Otherwise i'll make the short trip to Blue and hit up the bar and let my friend drive home :D

bellayre is a great mountain. i usually go there instead of going to hunter. it just seems slightly less crowded.

I love day trips to Hunter. Makes for a long day being a 3-3.5 hr drive from where im at.... but well worth it when Hunter West is in good shape. Otherwise i'll make the short trip to Blue and hit up the bar and let my friend drive home :D

Just under 2 hrs for me for Hunter...weekday trips are fun there, but weekends are so packed...Blue, Pa? Don't think i've been there yet.

Just under 2 hrs for me for Hunter...weekday trips are fun there, but weekends are so packed...Blue, Pa? Don't think i've been there yet.

Yeah weekends are packed at Hunter :(... Maybe ill give bellayre a shot..., never been there :hmmm:

And yup.. Blue mtn in PA. Should be a really close drive for you. I've been to every "Pocono" mtn more times than i can count... my parents used to have a condo on Camelback. If you're looking for a quick day trip, give Blue a shot. It's my preferred "local" place ;)

Back
Top Bottom