Killed it !!!

ReverendNewman

4228.jpeg

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wrong. It was a nice ending to a good trail. U shouldn't have to stop just to climb over this. It's gotta be a hacked outta there.
I think you misunderstood my point...obviously it will be cut out by the park rangers, hopefully soon, but I would not let that one log deter me from riding one of the great trails at Allaire. Blowdowns happen all year long, and sometimes it takes a little longer to get addressed than others based on manpower and other priorities of the park, but do you not ride other trails because there is a tree temporarily blocking your way for a couple weeks? It's part of the deal with MTB, and no need to deprive yourself of such a fun trail for 30sec of climbover...but that is just my .02.

ReverendNewman

I think you misunderstood my point...obviously it will be cut out by the park rangers, hopefully soon, but I would not let that one log deter me from riding one of the great trails at Allaire. Blowdowns happen all year long, and sometimes it takes a little longer to get addressed than others based on manpower and other priorities of the park, but do you not ride other trails because there is a tree temporarily blocking your way for a couple weeks? It's part of the deal with MTB, and no need to deprive yourself of such a fun trail for 30sec of climbover...but that is just my .02.

I feel ya Bruh. I can dodge it by turning right or left. I was offering my services. I wasn't sure if it was our MTB community to come together to move/cut it or the parks.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I feel ya Bruh. I can dodge it by turning right or left. I was offering my services. I wasn't sure if it was our MTB community to come together to move/cut it or the parks.

Your offer is much appreciated - the response wasn't supposed to be a snarky "i know", but more of a "We are on it, and waiting - thanks for posting"

and to your last point...

depends on the park -

I wouldn't recommend walking into any park with a chainsaw, even if it is a "good deed" - some flat-out don't allow it, others
are by sawyer specific training, and others are by designation. We don't condone vigilante chain saw work (std disclaimer)

a bow saw, or log saw, maybe. Some of the counties require volunteer certification (it is free, and the course is run by the county a couple times a year.)

Ask @Frank to meet-up one day, and tell the tales of allaire. It is a fascinating look into the roots of nj mtb.

w_b

Coming towards the broken up paved road, there is a lump on the left side of the trail just before the log- bounce up on it with some Mo and just air dat loggage brah- follow my tracks, it's all good. Coming the other way I got nothin but get off and climb over.

ReverendNewman

Coming towards the broken up paved road, there is a lump on the left side of the trail just before the log- bounce up on it with some Mo and just air dat loggage brah- follow my tracks, it's all good. Coming the other way I got nothin but get off and climb over.
images.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions