Kid's MTB Race, Essex County, Hilltop Grasshopper, Aug 21

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
(Crosspost on behalf of Geordie over at the Hilltop Conservancy)

Get the kid's, K - Grade 8 out to the Hilltop Grasshopper Kid's Bike Race on August 21

Please help spread this announcement!

First race, K - Grade 1 @ 0900

Registration opens @ 0730

For the event flyer see

http://www.hilltopgrasshopper.com/

The event starts at the North Caldwell Sports field parking lot on Courter Lane and Mountain Avenue.

This is the first chance for most youngsters to try bike racing really close to home on a track specially created for this event. There's open fire roads and winding single track through the forest, in other words, fun for newbies and experienced racers. Spectator viewing should be exceptional.

$10.00 fee payable on site for each competitor and all racers’ parents must complete and sign a rider release application.

Brought to you by JORBA, the Essex County Parks Department and some other folks who want to create bicycling opportunities for youngsters

We are also asking for volunteers to help during the race to be course marshalls. Please email hilltopkidsrace@gmail.com or volunteer on saturday morning. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

MST.ESQ

I took the wife and kids out on the ride they had in the spring. Don't know who I spoke to when we were there (one guy, two women) but they were very enthusiastic and welcoming. Hopefully my son will want to attend this race!

Any idea where the loop will be? My little one would probably be more confident if he saw the course first. I know, pre-riding for Kindergardeners, geez...

Last edited:

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I took the wife and kids out on the ride they had in the spring. Don't know who I spoke to when we were there (one guy, two women) but they were very enthusiastic and welcoming. Hopefully my son will want to attend this race!

Any idea where the loop will be? My little one would probably be more confident if he saw the course first. I know, pre-riding for Kindergardeners, geez...

Cool!

Geordie is setting up the loop, but don't know many more details than that. I do know its pretty close to the parking lot and near a set of woods within walking distance of the parking lot and over near where a new road is being put in. Hopefully that helps.

MST.ESQ

It does, thanks.

A show of numbers may go a long way to showing interest in trail access in Essex!!!

gtluke

The Moped
I'll be at this event taking pictures.
Good cause and kids, so the pictures will be free.
Bring your kids out! Unless you are afraid I'll make them look faster than you :D

overbrook

Kids Korse for Hilltop Grasshopper Kid's Bike Race

The loop is in place and open to try out....(it's still getting tuned but fun already).....go to the north caldwell sports field parking lot on courter lane and mountain avenue, follow narrow paved route out the back of the lot, around the yellow gate to where it crosses the new dead end roadway, the winding part of course is to your right at the end of the deadend, there's a pile of stones and white markers on a tree, this winding part will be ridden down hill but it's fun to ride both directions, the balance of the course is fire road and similar and includes the initial part of the Family Bike Ride route

Hope you enjoy it!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
In. Clone #1 will enjoy it much. Too bad there isn't a race for littler kids. My little guy tears it up:D

-Jim.

rockstar

mergs;256528 We are also asking for volunteers to help during the race to be course marshalls. Please email [email said:
hilltopkidsrace@gmail.com[/email] or volunteer on saturday morning. Thanks in advance

Looks like lots of great fun for the kiddies!!! I will look into volunteering for myself, if my daughter Marina is in town she would love a chance to race:D

wlee

I'll be at this event taking pictures.
Good cause and kids, so the pictures will be free.
Bring your kids out! Unless you are afraid I'll make them look faster than you :D

My son says he wants to do it . He cant wait to get his picture taken from you luke.

overbrook

only two weeks away, hope all the youngsters are training hard!

the course was recently cleaned of fallen branches etc and is open for pre riding

looking forward to a safe and fun day

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think my daughter wants to do this! She is almost 8, just got a new 24" Specialized Hotrock 2 weeks ago. If I can teacher how to shift by then, we will head on up there!

syncroscat

My really big grasshopper is looking forward to this race. Not sure if she'll ride my GF Wahoo geared bike or Fat City Wicked Lite rigid SS conversion. She doesn't shift much. Can't wait for Saturday's fun. :)

Top Bottom