Kid's Mountain Bike Race, Hilltop Grasshopper, Saturday, August 16

overbrook

Yeah, it's an early announcement but with kids having rock star schedules, it's important to get this on everyone's calendar and in as many frontal lobes as possible.

Get the kid's on those bikes and dreaming of shredding the Kid's Korse in the Hilltop Reservation. As always, the korse is always open for training, otherwise known as riding for fun with the kids. This is the only kid's mountain bike race in Essex county, take advantage of it!

(There's also an earlier kid's race at Allamuchy Scout Camp on June 1, check out Jersey Rocks Junior XC Race)

Registration opens at 7:30 AM and competition starts at 9:00 AM for the youngest competitors, K – 1st grade. Grade level is grade in Fall 2014. There is a $10.00 registration fee per participant which includes a bicycle technical inspection. Any bike in good working order is eligible to race.

Classes for boys and girls K – 1st grade, 2nd – 3rd grade, 4th – 5th grade, 6th – 8th grade, with prizes for top 3 class finishers.

Helmets are mandatory.

Cheering, cowbells, whistles, those horn things from the world cup and bagpipes welcome.

The spectator friendly course is next to the sports field parking lot on Courter Lane and Mountain Avenue in North Caldwell.

To Pre-Register online

o visit Bikereg.com and Hilltop Grasshopper Kids Bike Race

For up to the minute details and links to maps and a race flyer, see

o Hilltop Grasshopper Kid's Race | JORBA - You Dig?
o Map of the Hilltop Reservation Trails

please please do your bit to help get more kids on bikes....help distribute this event notice any way you can.....print and post the flyer, hire a skywriter or post on your face book!

Volunteers are needed to help on race day, email hilltopkidsrace@gmail.com with questions or send a private message through this forum

Last edited:
Hope the weather and summer break has helped schedule time to get out training with the kids. The Kids Korse is in great condition and looks like it's been well used as it's hard packed and fast rolling.
Help spread the word to get lots of other parents and kids to come out and enjoy a bit of racing fun.

Sounds like fun but I'm confused:hmmm: No off-road riding anywhere in essex county but there is a mtn. bike race for kids? These politicians sure are a bunch of hypocrits.

Sounds like fun but I'm confused:hmmm: No off-road riding anywhere in essex county but there is a mtn. bike race for kids? These politicians sure are a bunch of hypocrits.

Yeah, ironic isn't it? Or we could look at it this way.....if a LOT of local mtbers show up and support this event, they may finally realize how many voters they are alienating in Essex Cty. :hmmm:

This is a really cool event for the kids. I think there were 80+ kids that raced last year. Nice course with a mix of a short paved path, to some dirt/gravel. A little climb , then singletrack in the woods to the finish.

We're trying to convince my wife to cut our vacation a little short so my daughter can race again this year.

this really is an event that looks too good to be true but really is true

kid come from all over nj, ny and pa to race, there's so few events just for kids, thankfully there's parents out there looking for events like this so their kids can try this crazy thing call mountain biking

don't be shy about telling other parents etc, this is a grass roots event that builds on previous year success with the help of so many riders

Parents and kids regularly spotted at the Kid's Korse learning the lines for a big day of kid racing.

If you can help on race day, just send a pm thru this forum, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Bring the kids and practice anytime you like, it will make a huge difference on race day and it's a lot fun.
The Kid's Korse loop starts just by the back of the big parking lot....more details and maps etc at hilltopgrasshopper.com

Parents, bring your bikes and sprint skills.......you'll probably have a chance on race day to show your kids what you look like when you're hustling for bragging rights....hand off your cowbells to the kids so they can cheer for you

Parents, bring your bikes and sprint skills.......you'll probably have a chance on race day to show your kids what you look like when you're hustling for bragging rights....hand off your cowbells to the kids so they can cheer for you
this is brilliant on a certain level in my mind, parents should race on same course on their kids bikes. now that would be entertainment...

Tomorrow is the big day for kids and big kids!
Final korse prep tonite so its ready for early preriding on saturday morning
Registration on site should be open by 0730 and it's going to be sunny so get those kids up early
Kids racing in the hilltop, it's all good

Registered my son Zac for this. Looking forward to seeing him do his first MTB race. He's excited! Thanks for organizing.

Back
Top Bottom