Just Moved to Central NJ

frug

If you get tired of waiting, Tenafly Bicycle Workshop has SB130s in stock.

Appreciate the heads up! I have one on order at Belmar though. Should be end of month.

CNJRider

Joker
Welcome. I ride CR, 6MR and Nassau. Chances are you will bump into me if you are an early bird. I like to start my weekend rides at 7ish to beat the heat in summer. Since I’m only 10 minutes away, CR is my home turf and I’m there about once a week. Definitely check out the flow trails in High Bridge as well as Colombia, Voorhees and Ken Lockwood. High Bridge has much to offer and variety if you want to mix up trail riding with some cool gravel and road loops in addition to Nassau.

And since you asked, I’m on a black Vitus Mythique 140/140 but in the market for a shorter travel DC bike which might be better suited for the stuff I ride.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Forget I said anything about “central” New Jersey . . . Let’s just say I’m in the Somerset area for now. Will probably be a little further north when (if?) we are able to find a house that’s on the market for more than 12 seconds.
Central jersey is 100% real, however if you are north of 78 in Somerset (sounds like you are south of it tho), you are in north jersey….

Anyhoo, water company trails in lambertville, nj is mildly technical and a good warm up for sourlands. You can also connect it to Baldpate and some other parks around there.

Lake nockimixen (that isn’t spelled right), Ralph stover/high rocks/ tohicken valley park and Neshaminy trails are good parks across the river and 45 min from you?

frug

Welcome. I ride CR, 6MR and Nassau. Chances are you will bump into me if you are an early bird. I like to start my weekend rides at 7ish to beat the heat in summer. Since I’m only 10 minutes away, CR is my home turf and I’m there about once a week. Definitely check out the flow trails in High Bridge as well as Colombia, Voorhees and Ken Lockwood. High Bridge has much to offer and variety if you want to mix up trail riding with some cool gravel and road loops in addition to Nassau.

And since you asked, I’m on a black Vitus Mythique 140/140 but in the market for a shorter travel DC bike which might be better suited for the stuff I ride.
I *want* to start my rides earlier but always end up riding in the afternoon or early evening. Usually ride 6M and CR during the week and explore outward on the weekends (Ringwood today). I went to High Bridge/Nassau last week - really fun trails! I’ll be back for sure. Especially since I need jump practice.

If you’re looking for a downcountry, there’s a Pivot demo Sunday at 6M. Just sign up on the Pivot website and try out a Trail429. Also I’ve got a Transition Smuggler for sale if you fit an XL.

frug

Central jersey is 100% real, however if you are north of 78 in Somerset (sounds like you are south of it tho), you are in north jersey….

Anyhoo, water company trails in lambertville, nj is mildly technical and a good warm up for sourlands. You can also connect it to Baldpate and some other parks around there.

Lake nockimixen (that isn’t spelled right), Ralph stover/high rocks/ tohicken valley park and Neshaminy trails are good parks across the river and 45 min from you?
Yep, south of 78. But possibly north when we buy a house. Also open to suggestions on good areas to live - we need to be at least 30-ish minutes to New Brunswick for my wife’s work.

Haven’t checked out anything west, but I definitely want to start sampling eastern PA. I’ve ridden a lot in western PA, but the eastern trails look even better. Appreciate the suggestions!

CNJRider

Joker
Yup ill be at 6MR for that demo. Registered for the Mach 4 XC. First time riding a 10k bike!!! Might be a bit of an upgrade from my humble vitus.

frug

Yup ill be at 6MR for that demo. Registered for the Mach 4 XC. First time riding a 10k bike!!! Might be a bit of an upgrade from my humble vitus.
Yeah they bring the top tier builds so you fall in love and buy a bike. I’m trying out the Switchblade.

Top Bottom