Just Moved to Central NJ

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I had a pivot mach 4 sl with a 120 fork…very good everywhere…any dw link bike works well on roots n rocks. But if you want to be the fastest any singlespeed will do 👌

qclabrat

Welcome @frug, I'm also in Somerset county. Usually on a raw Banshee Prime at CR or Carver ht at 6mr, sure we'll bump heads if you ride early. We still ride fatbikes and 26rs here, they're not dead yet

frug

I had a pivot mach 4 sl with a 120 fork…very good everywhere…any dw link bike works well on roots n rocks. But if you want to be the fastest any singlespeed will do 👌
I’ve got a Canfield Nimble9 frame that I’d love to SS…but I’m not there yet. It’ll happen at some point though

frug

Welcome @frug, I'm also in Somerset county. Usually on a raw Banshee Prime at CR or Carver ht at 6mr, sure we'll bump heads if you ride early. We still ride fatbikes and 26rs here, they're not dead yet
Usually only ride early if it’s going to be a hot day. I’d love to ride early more often but never get up early enough to squeeze it in before work. But if you see me say hello! I’ll be on a gray Evil (w/ red Lyrik) or an Orange Transition. Would love to try a Banshee at some point! They look like really solid bikes

JDurk

I’ve got a Canfield Nimble9 frame that I’d love to SS…but I’m not there yet. It’ll happen at some point though
Get on it. Everyone should have a SS in their collection. That bike would be perfect for riding at 6MR and all locations south. Hell great bike for anywhere in NJ.

(coming from the guy who rides a rigid steel SS and a Pivot T429v3)

scott62

Welcome to New Jersey, now go home.;)

My rules for mountain biking in Nj…
1) Central and south NJ trails are all green trails and can be ridden on a gravel bike.
2) trails north of RT80 are nothing but rocks with more rocks on top of them, there are no green trails north of rt 80.
3) if you are in the pine barrens, don’t worry about the Jersey Devil, he’s cool, harry and smells a little but a nice guy.
4) if you are riding in west NJ and you hear banjo music, ride the other way…. Just saying:oops:

rick81721

Lothar
Hi All! Just moved to central NJ this week. I grew up riding trails in northeast Ohio and western Pennsylvania, but most recently was in southern Minnesota. Happy to be back east where the dirt is good and the rocks and roots are plentiful (I have to learn how to ride tech again).

My local trails are Six Mile and Chimney Rock - both really fun! Looking to explore more in northern NJ, NY, and eastern PA as time allows. I'm curious to know which bikes everyone is riding? I'm currently on a Transition Smuggler and Evil Calling - both great bikes but they were born in the Pacific NW where the riding is very different.

Thanks! Hopefully see some of you out on the trails.

tenor (14).gif

Ejd

Which part of all of that has you confused, bud?
Welcome aboard. I grew up in Central Jersey, but lived in Ohio for almost 5 years before moving back. I belonged to the North East Ohio Mountain bike Association. We went to PA alot. No mountains in Ohio

krink

Eddie Munster
Hi All! Just moved to central NJ this week. I grew up riding trails in northeast Ohio and western Pennsylvania, but most recently was in southern Minnesota. Happy to be back east where the dirt is good and the rocks and roots are plentiful (I have to learn how to ride tech again).

My local trails are Six Mile and Chimney Rock - both really fun! Looking to explore more in northern NJ, NY, and eastern PA as time allows. I'm curious to know which bikes everyone is riding? I'm currently on a Transition Smuggler and Evil Calling - both great bikes but they were born in the Pacific NW where the riding is very different.

Thanks! Hopefully see some of you out on the trails.
Welcome brother! I grew up in Western Pa as well. You're gonna have fun around here, its crazy varied, so no bike is an ideal "fit" and most can go almost all places. I spend most of my time on an Ibis Ripley, Yeti SB5+ and a Ibis Tranny 29 SS. But fatbiking the beach and shore is also a blast.

frug

Welcome aboard. I grew up in Central Jersey, but lived in Ohio for almost 5 years before moving back. I belonged to the North East Ohio Mountain bike Association. We went to PA alot. No mountains in Ohio
Aside from friends and family I don’t really miss Ohio - certainly not the riding. The trails in western PA are much better. Used to live in Pittsburgh right by Frick park, so I’ve ridden there and north park a lot. So far NJ feels similar and I’m a fan of that.

frug

Welcome brother! I grew up in Western Pa as well. You're gonna have fun around here, its crazy varied, so no bike is an ideal "fit" and most can go almost all places. I spend most of my time on an Ibis Ripley, Yeti SB5+ and a Ibis Tranny 29 SS. But fatbiking the beach and shore is also a blast.
That sounds like a solid line up! It’s similar to what I usually go for. A good 29er and a 27.5 trail bike plus a solid Hardtail. Haven’t gotten into fatbiking but then again I’ve never tried it at the beach. How do you like your Yeti?

Top Bottom