Just glad to be here

SAM

Hi all. I've been lurking a while and like the mtbNJ forum a lot. The trail condition threads are great and, now that I've joined, I can make contributions to those threads and others (useful contributions, I hope, but if not, be kind to me).

I'm new to MTB and have been doing what I can on a gravel eBike, which I got really for combined gravel - road rides, until the MTB I ordered arrives (someday).

I'm located in Central Jersey. I love the debate on the existence of Central Jersey. Governor Murphy is pro existence and once referred to Central Jersey as "A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot", so I like to use that as my location.

I've had the gravel bike into 6MR twice now and found I could mange most of it (slowly) without killing myself. Here's the route we did on Tues with a little excursion up to Colonial Park. Only thing we didn't do in 6MR was Orange (on the way back), which I look forward to riding next time.

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.34.52 PM.png

Welcome!

You are going to enjoy a proper mtb much more than the gravel bike in there - and it opens up other places too!
See ya on a Fun Monday ride soon!

I think we should accept the existence of Central Jersey and question the existence of Gov Murphy…

Welcome to the party.

Thanks for the warm food-related welcomes. I should've added "Would you like green eggs and ham?" to my signature. I wanted to add it under the avatar but could not replace "New Member", apparently.

As for the gravel bike, "Can you ride it by a lake?" Yes, many times. "Can you ride it to fetch a cake?" No, but I would like to try.

Uh oh.......
It's early, but a personalized title is not unheard of.....

Reactions: SAM
Welcome SAM, I've done a gravel bike a few times at 6mr and it's still pretty punishing. Perfect for a hard tail doe

Reactions: SAM
Back
Top Bottom