Just getting back in the game

K

Kevink

I'm from Toms River and haven't been on a mountain bike in 15 yrs, if I remember correctly Rock Shocks just came out. I just picked up a trek 4300
with disk breaks, I didn't want to go too crazy and really break the bank. Any way I'm here to reeducate myself, so if I start asking dumb questions bare with me. I'm looking to give Allaire a spin in the am. If I'm in as bad of shape as i think i am that should be a good start.I hope it wont take long to get back into the swing of things, but let's face realty 15 yrs ago I had hair and was 30 lbs lighter.:cool:

B

bdpeter

Hey Kevin - welcome back to mntn biking!!! You're going to love it as much now as you did 15 years ago. :)

Shaggz

A strong 7
Kevink said:
I hope it wont take long to get back into the swing of things, but let's face realty 15 yrs ago I had hair and was 30 lbs lighter.:cool:

You are not that far behind the eight ball. i was riding on saturday and figured my new tag line should be "it took me 36 years to get this fat, and 14 years to get this slow!" Good luck getting back in the saddle.

C

clcrtr

Hey all!

Also getting back into it after not riding for a couple years. Have a Specialized Rockhopper collecting dust itching for some dirt in its tires.Gonna get my son into it this year too....shoppping for an entry level bike that will be good enough for a total newbie without being total trash. He's still got growth spurts ahead so I'm really not willing to spend +$300 for a bike he'll out grow soon...if he even sticks with it. Any suggestions for bikes that are reasonable but not junk?

NJ Jess

Beginners clinic on Saturday

Hi there, perhaps you would like to come to the beginners clinic on Saturday, June 24th at Allaire State Park. More info on this web site, or JORBA.org

Top Bottom