Jungle Paiute Trail Reroute

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Jungle Paiute Trail Reroute
Recurring event see all
October 3, 2020 @ 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
We are beginning work on the Burnt Meadow side of Jungle Habitat with the rerouting of the Paiute Trail. Once complete this will provide a connection between the northern and southern sections.
Where
We will meet at the Burnt Meadow Trailhead. And hike or bike into the worksite.

Please RSVP if you plan on attending. It let’s us know if we are to wait for you at the trailhead, and we can make sure we bring enough tools.

Bleeder

Is that Moth trail an actual trail you can ride your bike on right now?
So as I was scouting the area, I came across some existing moto trails. This one makes sense for accessing Paiute. Right now it's fine for hikers, but there are a few hike a bike sections for MTB. For the most part downhill is okay, fun even, but going uphill and a few crusty sections require more talent than I possess. So yes you can ride it, but just not the best trail experience yet.

Most of the multi-use that exists back there now suffers from the same issues of old legacy trail systems. The roads and trails are not sustainable, fall line, erosion and wet muddy spots are common. We'll be working on this for a long time, and then without a doubt, people will complain we've dumbed down the trails and it was perfectly fine and why did we have to go a ruin it. So tell all the people to go ride it now before I make it passable and take all the fun out of it.
😈

Bleeder

I am also exploring making making some of those woods roads suitable for adaptive riders. So if anybody has information on adaptive MTB, or knows some adaptive riders. Please put them in contact with me.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions