Jungle Habitat Ride Friday 9/14

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
Hey all, riding Jungle Habitat once again and trying to get that race course nice and worn in. Not positive of time so far, but either 5 or 6. I'll keep ya all posted. Just let me know if interested. Post a thread or give me a call at Town Cycle at 973 728 8878 and ask for Pete. Oh, and for those interested, the kiosk for the park went up today and maps of the park will be going in shortly.

Panhead

So far I'm in, I'll let you you know later in the week and I might be bringing some friends. 6 would be better.

M

m-theøry

I thought you guys were having a habitat ride on Wednesday?

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
I thought you guys were having a habitat ride on Wednesday?

There might be some people going out on Wednesday. As for me, I need to get home to watch the little one. However, let me see if I can arrange to have someone meet you guys up there on Wednesday night that knows the course. I just rode it today and it is actually marked quite well. You guys should be able to follow most of it. I'll keep ya guys posted.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How easy or hard would it be to follow the JH race course solo? I start earlier than most people so I'm thinking I may want to head up and try it Saturday or Sunday. Any thoughts on how hard that would be? Or any chance you ride really early?

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
How easy or hard would it be to follow the JH race course solo? I start earlier than most people so I'm thinking I may want to head up and try it Saturday or Sunday. Any thoughts on how hard that would be? Or any chance you ride really early?

Alright Norm, or is it Joe? Anyway, park at the gate, go through the gate make the first left on pavement and immediate right on trail. Follow that to the top. At top hang a right and hug to the right of the parking lot. DON'T GO DOWN THE HILL! The trail will be on your right. Follow it from there. From that point on, the trail is pretty well marked from then on. The trail will either be marked with arrows or there will be some logs blocking intersections. As for Sundays, I might be able to do a 7 am ride 7:30 at the latest. Let me know

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Alright Norm, or is it Joe? Anyway, park at the gate, go through the gate make the first left on pavement and immediate right on trail. Follow that to the top. At top hang a right and hug to the right of the parking lot. DON'T GO DOWN THE HILL! The trail will be on your right. Follow it from there. From that point on, the trail is pretty well marked from then on. The trail will either be marked with arrows or there will be some logs blocking intersections. As for Sundays, I might be able to do a 7 am ride 7:30 at the latest. Let me know

Actually, 6 will work better for me. 6 it is.

Norm, Joe - just don't call me Francis.

I can do early but 6 might be a stretch. I'm coming from at least an hour away. Possible, but tough. Maybe we can compromise and say 6:20. How long does the loop take if you just keep a moderate pace?

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
Norm, Joe - just don't call me Francis.

I can do early but 6 might be a stretch. I'm coming from at least an hour away. Possible, but tough. Maybe we can compromise and say 6:20. How long does the loop take if you just keep a moderate pace?

I'm a little confused. Are you talking about Friday or Sunday? I can do Friday at 6 pm and if interested 7 or 7:30 am on sunday.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
the loop might take a little under an hour. My friend did a 40 min loop the other day, but I just feel like keeping a good moderate pace.

Top Bottom