Jungle Habitat Ride Friday 9/14

Pete,

Thanks for the tour today. Not sure what happened to you at the end, but thanks!

That was the largest group ride ever. By the end the entire park was one long line of bikes. When I left at 9:20 there were at least 36 cars that I counted, and I may have missed a few.

it was definitely a lot of fun, and man was that a lot of people. Thank you all for coming and checking it out. That course is nice and worn in now. I ended up goin out for another lap with the second bunch of people. Ya know, the ones that stayed up too late drinking and couldn't make it at 7. Man I hope it stays dry for the race cuz it'll be sweet. Maybe next time I won't get parked in.

...That was the largest group ride ever. By the end the entire park was one long line of bikes...

I too was shocked at the number of people that showed up to ride. I'm just glad I hooked up with TCB and others that knew their way around. While there were markers throughout the trails, some spots left you guessing.

I was impressed by the trails. They way we rode them will be great for a race. Big climbs were done on the paved roads or wider fire roads. The singletrack was reserved for the flatter sections or the gentle downward slopes. I suspect that much of that singletrack would be more difficult in the opposite direction.

After two laps around JH, I hooked up with Mergs, BobW and others to check out another nearby park. My ride started at 7am and ended just before noon.

Nicey Nice!!!

I was impressed by the trails. They way we rode them will be great for a race. Big climbs were done on the paved roads or wider fire roads. The singletrack was reserved for the flatter sections or the gentle downward slopes. I suspect that much of that singletrack would be more difficult in the opposite direction.

I agree with this, and is something I was impressed with at the MASS races. The courses are really well laid out in that series and the course yesterday was the same.

thank you town cycle for the AWESOME trails in the "jungle". That was a very cool turn out for the group ride.

I too was shocked at the number of people that showed up to ride. I'm just glad I hooked up with TCB and others that knew their way around. While there were markers throughout the trails, some spots left you guessing.

After two laps around JH, I hooked up with Mergs, BobW and others to check out another nearby park. My ride started at 7am and ended just before noon.

Nicey Nice!!!

good meeting you ben, and finally met up with NormZ. i think the ride ended up being around 15-16 miles between the two parks. I went back again this morning and rode it with Greg. I'd like to get them linked up one day. I like interconnecting parks :D between the hab, the wma, sterling forest and ringwood, we could easily be talking about 100 miles of trails. so yeah... "long live long rides" indeed :) "highlands101" anyone?

great seeing the park getting so much ride on. to see 30 or so cars there was a sight i won't soon forget. enjoy the park. and expect more good stuff next season.

Last edited:
Race

I won't be able to pre ride the course (except for race day) and I've never ridden here, obviously. :) Any thoughts on what everyone thinks top sport lap times will be? Thanks for the help guys!

i think that's probably a little quicker than it'll actually be norm. a few front of the pack experts i was talking to who prerode are figuring upper 30's/low 40's per lap for themselves.

i think that's probably a little quicker than it'll actually be norm. a few front of the pack experts i was talking to who prerode are figuring upper 30's/low 40's per lap for themselves.

You think so? The tightness of the trails will cut some speed for sure. But the guy who won sport at Blue was pulling top-level expert times so I'm also basing my guess on sandbagger times :)

wow, you're right. he actually pulled faster than top level expert times. if he was able to maintain that pace for another lap, he would have placed 6th in pro...

Race

Thanks guys. That will definitely help. So it looks like more of a shorter race for sport. Even though I know Blue Mt. was long for sport. BTW, the 30-39 sport rider who won beat me by 6 minutes, and I took second. So he was def. sandbagging because I've never heard of him before and he hasn't been to any race thus far. But anyway, thanks again for the info.

Thanks guys. That will definitely help. So it looks like more of a shorter race for sport. Even though I know Blue Mt. was long for sport. BTW, the 30-39 sport rider who won beat me by 6 minutes, and I took second. So he was def. sandbagging because I've never heard of him before and he hasn't been to any race thus far. But anyway, thanks again for the info.
So I guess you were sandbaggin' also considering you beat the guy behind you by nearly 8 minutes. :hmmm: Time to move up to expert.:D

the 30-39 sport rider who won beat me by 6 minutes, and I took second. So he was def. sandbagging because I've never heard of him before and he hasn't been to any race thus far.

Pot callin the Kettle black???...You beat me by 6 minutes and I was sandbagging. I hadn't done a race since '04 and was on a rigid 29er SS at Blue. What's your excuse.

BTW, I'll be in the Expert field this weekend. ;)

calling the kettle black

agree,you beat me by 18 minutes and I was sandbagging(or at least wish I was) Had to leave early and couldn't go off at 12:30 with the experts.

mfln130l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom