Jungle Habitat Ride Friday 9/14

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It may be the case that Saturday works better for me. So I may be GPS-ing it that day.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
6 pm friday and 7 am sunday

Pete's the man to ride with, but if 6 is too late on Friday, I'll be riding earlier. I'l be up there with Mr pixy earlier to finish off the kiosk. We plan to ride as well, and be heading out around 3:30 and 4:30 for a few laps with Team Campmor.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I can do Saturday, I'll join you. I'm just not sure yet

OK let me know what day you can make it and I'll make it that day, since both Mergs and Pixy say you are the man to ride with. If it's Sunday at 7:00 then it's Sunday at 7:00.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
OK let me know what day you can make it and I'll make it that day, since both Mergs and Pixy say you are the man to ride with. If it's Sunday at 7:00 then it's Sunday at 7:00.

I'm flattered. 7 am on sunday, and I think we have some company as well. I drive a red nissan.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm flattered. 7 am on sunday, and I think we have some company as well. I drive a red nissan.

Yeah, sounds like we do have company. I drive the car with the guy there that you won't already know. At these hours fellow bikers are pretty sparse usually, especially considering the temps might be mid-low 40s that morning. My car is also red.

Panhead

TCB
I'm out for Fri night- working OT probably going to miss the race but we'll see. I'm heading down for a ride Sun afternoon though.

bozizle

Yo

Pete TCB and Nrom we will be there at 7 (me and 'da wife) yeah it's been cold up here in the mornings and may just have enough light by 7....bring some arm warmers and knee warmers the HIGH is suppose to be 64 and yeah 44 in the morning BRRRRRR that should shake off the beer from Saturday night.

J

joanqs

i stopped home after work to get my bike to make a 3:30 ride w/ pixie, decided to relax for a half hour and go for the 4:30 or 6:00 ride, my half hour relaxation plan turned into 3 hours of coma like sleep, I woke up at 7:15 thinking i slept through the night, ugh... Is anyone riding JH tomorrow, Saturday???

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
alright... so who's the dude who showed up on fri, "ready" to ride, mumbled a profanity about his brakes, and turned around, loaded the bike and left? norm, i hope that wasn't you ? :hmmm:

p.s. i heard this second hand from pete

anrothar

entirely thrilled
there was a guy who showed up, rode with us for a while, had his rear brake lever fall apart and then left, but he got in a good 7-8 miles....

monteverest

Trail Markings...

Anyone riding tomorrow, around mid-morning? Did the trail on Saturday and found it very much to my liking and will be a regular. One caveat is the trail markings seem to end on the rock bridge with the decaying barn structure on the left. I turned around at this point.

Last edited:
S

Shar0se

Hello all- I'm new to mtbnj- just posted on first timers :)

... but I digress. Pete- thanks for your help today! I rode JH this afternoon and got a little lost- about 4.5 miles into the ride (starting at the kiosk) after going through the tunnel and starting to climb you make a right and continue to climb until you come to an intersection with 3 different trails but no markers! AH! We each took a route and went a little ways but couldn't find any more markers. Sunset was approaching so we turned around but could anyone give me some direction, which way does the race route go?

The rest of it was marked well and it was fun! Although the switchback climb just after the kiosk was a little tough for someone who has a lot to learn about riding over rocks (well riding over anything) while turning and going up hill.... :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
alright... so who's the dude who showed up on fri, "ready" to ride, mumbled a profanity about his brakes, and turned around, loaded the bike and left? norm, i hope that wasn't you ? :hmmm:

Where do you guys come up with these kooky thoughts?

I'll be there. I assume we are starting on Airport Rd somewhere. I'm the blue VW Golf.

How did I miss this post yesterday? Man I thought I was getting up early!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
sharose, the markings might be a little off. after the first singletrack climb(with all the switchback), take a right on the pavement, then the first left to go up over the bridge(over the tunnels). once over the bridge, go left. take a right at the next intersection, then a right again. go about 50 yrds and take a right through the gate. follow this trail all the way around the parking lot. when you come out, go straight up the parking lot till you see a left turn. take this and go straight through the right tunnel. from there it should be pretty well marked, but:

pavement-
right
straight across.
right
right

dirt with rock garden-
right at end

pavement-
right turn then a long climbto start of fireroad

dirt-
right onto fireroad climb.
right at top onto singletrack
straight across
right turn
down rocky descent

pavement-
right turn

dirt-
left high speed turn(100yds after getting on pavement)
left
cross pavement and down another singletrack section

pavement-
pass first right, then immediately take the next right turn
continue straight, around hairpin, then climb to the next singletrack

dirt-
right turn drop into a fast fun singletrack along a fenceline

pavement-
left at end of singletrack
climb to next right, a short steep, paved climb to the beginning of the first singletrack you hit.

this is what the course looked like on friday, but i think they're gonna change some stuff.

S

Shar0se

thanks!

Wow- thanks for the play by play! I'll take this post and try it again this week. :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pete,

Thanks for the tour today. Not sure what happened to you at the end, but thanks!

That was the largest group ride ever. By the end the entire park was one long line of bikes. When I left at 9:20 there were at least 36 cars that I counted, and I may have missed a few.

Top Bottom