Jungle Habitat Race course ride Fri 9/7

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
Hey all. For those interested, I am riding Jungle Habitat this Friday at 6 pm. Basically, it will just be a friendly preeride of the race course. Those that are interested either respond to this thread or give Town Cycle a call at 973 728 8878. The park is located in West Milford. For directions, mapquest airport rd. in West Milford. The main entrance is located at the top of Airport Rd on the left. It is going to be a steady ride just to ensure we don't run out of light. 40 minute laps could be expected. Any questions, just call the shop.

xc6801

Very tempting.....Not sure if I can make it yet, but any idea as to when the course will be marked for pre-riding the race course?

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
The kiosk for the park is going up this weekend. As for marking the course, we are in the process. The whole course is cut, its just a matter of marking. Anrothar, I'll be in a red nissan and I'll be on one of those bikes with gears. I got a red fisher 29er

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How much of the course is singletrack versus paved road?

Glancing Aft

I'll be making it as well.
Blue honda, orange cannondale.

I need to be out of there no later then 7 though so I may bail on the ride on the early side.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
There's over 5 miles of new tight singletrack. The rest consists of jeep trails and pavement. I haven't clocked it yet, but it's between 7 and 8 mles.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's over 5 miles of new tight singletrack. The rest consists of jeep trails and pavement. I haven't clocked it yet, but it's between 7 and 8 mles.

Very cool. I Was under the impression that the course was like 9 miles, 3 miles of singletrack and 6 miles of pavement. Glad to hear that's not the case.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Hey all. For those interested, I am riding Jungle Habitat this Friday at 6 pm. Basically, it will just be a friendly preeride of the race course. Those that are interested either respond to this thread or give Town Cycle a call at 973 728 8878. The park is located in West Milford. For directions, mapquest airport rd. in West Milford. The main entrance is located at the top of Airport Rd on the left. It is going to be a steady ride just to ensure we don't run out of light. 40 minute laps could be expected. Any questions, just call the shop.

TCB,

The JH trails rock!! Thanks to you and MikeH for turning me on to the tight, twisty singletrack; should be a great race!

J

joanqs

I'd like to do this a little earlier than 6. Has anyone ridden the course? Is it easy to follow?

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
I'd like to do this a little earlier than 6. Has anyone ridden the course? Is it easy to follow?

The first two trails are easy to find. First, go through the main gate. About a 100 feet in there is a little road on your left and painted on the pavement is EMS exit. Turn left on that road and hang an immediate right into the woods. This is the trail we call the animal chute. Follow that trail right to the top. When you exit, you will be on a paved road. Hang a right and follow into the big parking lot. It's a huge parking lot. Now stay to the right and hug the perimeter of the parking lot. DON'T GO DOWN THE HILL!!! The entrance to Warthog will be on the right and just follows the perimiter of the parking lot. You won't find the rest of the course very easily if you don't know the park, so I'm not even going to try to explain where it is.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You won't find the rest of the course very easily if you don't know the park, so I'm not even going to try to explain where it is.

Where's the sport in that? Draw a map, be creative, bonus points for colors and funny pictures.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
Where's the sport in that? Draw a map, be creative, bonus points for colors and funny pictures.

Ok, so ya hang a right at the one eyed tiger, go under the elephants' legs, make a left by the pile of bat guano and follow the stampeding rhinos the rest of the way. That should do it.

J-Dro

Ok, so ya hang a right at the one eyed tiger, go under the elephants' legs, make a left by the pile of bat guano and follow the stampeding rhinos the rest of the way. That should do it.

Cool... Is a hit of acid mandatory for this ride?

bozizle

Jp3

When we stopped by to see it for the first time it reminded me of Jurassic Park 3 (yes I sadly admit I watched that movie) when the animals took over and everything was overgrown...kinda creepy at first...amazing how much land is back there and it's just getting used now.

Glancing Aft

Uggg, I think I'm going to have to bail on tonight, time wise it just wont be working out for me (tonights my roomates birthday party). Have a good time all.

And if somebody could GPS it, it'd be great, I'd like to try to ride it tomorrow afternoon!

Top Bottom