Jungle Habitat Maps

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do we have a map of JH? Likewise, is there an official park page for JH?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Funny, those threads were supposed to be for GPS courses so I didn't even bother looking. Thanks for showing me my feet.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Jungle Habitat Map

Still working on it but this should help all the newcomers.

JH_web.png

J-7

Thanks for the map. I printed it out and took it with me and it's pretty good so far. I enjoyed my ride a lot more because of it.

Thanks.

Mikerjr

Accomplished Skadouche
if someone here was to compare JH with another local trail which would it be, ive never been to JH so im just trying to get an idea of what i have in store for me

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
if someone here was to compare JH with another local trail which would it be, ive never been to JH so im just trying to get an idea of what i have in store for me

A smaller, tamer version of Ringwood, great tight singletrack that you need to connect at some points thru pavement. lots of fun though.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's this one short single track on the map that I've never been able to find. It's really bothered me because everytime I go to JH, I look for it (because of its proximity to the kiosk) but haven't been able to find it. Until today. I think the map is kind of wrong which is why I couldn't find it before. I'm talking about this section on the map:

jh1.jpg

I think it should look more like this:

jh2.jpg

It's the single track that runs along the fenceline. Well, I finally rode it, and it was kinda .. eh :rolleyes: I guess it would work as a connector to animal chute if you're already in that area of the paved road. The paved roads are another thing I will never figure out at JH. It seems there is more than what is on the map. I think I'm not gonna lose to much sleep over this one.

On another note, there is a pretty intense roller at the top of Otter Slide now. I didn't hit it, but would like to when I go ride with some other peeps.

Last edited:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Very perceptive Jimmy!
That small bit of singletrack is sort of "phased out" much like Fenceline probably will be by the new Cages/Boneyard...ride lower Dumptruck instead.

Anybody go to the TM/building day yesterday?
Mom got my priority. :)

de00304

Very perceptive Jimmy!
That small bit of singletrack is sort of "phased out" much like Fenceline probably will be by the new Cages/Boneyard...ride lower Dumptruck instead.

Anybody go to the TM/building day yesterday?
Mom got my priority. :)

Yup. We worked on "otter 2"...

herbn

new trails

fairly complete now, very little road riding when i was there last ,three weeks ago . My friend said it was around 8.5 miles,that was without a trip down to dumptruck.I did a little bit more ;on safari i hit the short cut unintentionaly and suddenly i was back at the little log ride,by the troll.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions