july means?

F

FallGirl1430

Awe ...

2 more months to cross season bitches !!!!!!!!

This year will be my first full season racing cross, last year I was termed official "Pit crew babe" and designated driver for Cyclocrossfool. It's his turn now :D

Christina ... :)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I've also lately been pre-occupied about 'cross, it's still a bit early to change my training regime over, but soon enough:getsome:

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Gotta find a way to try it out this fall. Can I just put bigger tires on my other road bike?

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i mean like, cross courses seem pretty specific the way their made and such. so do u ever have the opportunity to ride the cx bike off road outside of races? can you pre-ride a course? or do you just take them to regular mtb trails?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
ride around in wet fields, off chamber turns, through sand and deep mud. Not that I ever raced or rode a corss bike though...

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
ride around in wet fields, off chamber turns, through sand and deep mud.
Yep, this is a lot of it. We ride our CX bikes at Allaire and Clayton a lot, occasionally at Hartshorne and Huber. I have a training lap at Tatum Park in Middletown that takes me 12 minutes and change when I hammer it in my big ring. A typical session involves 5 laps: 1 to warmup, 3 at red line with 2 minutes of recovery in between, and 1 to cool down. That's a one hour total workout and pretty much shells me. Most of the riding is on rolling grass fields and dirt road.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Gotta find a way to try it out this fall. Can I just put bigger tires on my other road bike?

The tires more than likely won't fit through the brakes Norm-a-tron. You'd be better off throwing some CX tires on your 29er and locking out the fork.

Also, for anyone interested in trying out what CX is all about, the Rutgers Cycling Team hosts practice events during the week all throughout the fall. You need to pre-reg on Bikereg and it's about $40 for the entire season. Tons of fast dudes show up so you'll get one hell of a workout!!

-Jim.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

I have been throwing around the idea of picking up a cross frame/fork and canti brakes and switching the stuff over from my road ride. I have an extra set of wheels so I could have a knobby and slick set...although I would probably ride road 90% of the time. :hmmm:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks intresting, maybe I will try this too. Im not going to have a CX bike, just my regular mtn bike. However, i do have a spare set of wheels with Geax street runner tires on them. Would it be better to run the street tires or just leave the dirt tires on?

Top Bottom