july 4th mahlon + 20+ miles

anrothar

entirely thrilled
July 4th, wednesday, mahlon dickerson + some of the wma to the south of it. got a friend from england coming out for the day while on vacation in new york. start time is 11am, from the saffins pond parking lot. 20* miles, prossibly up to 30, but no more than. everyone i know from the uk loves to take pics and video while on a ride, so there will likely be plenty of stopping for that sort of fluffery at technical features.

Last edited:
D

DANSPANK

I'll probably be up for it. And I could help translate too.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
alright, i've scouted out the trails i needed to scout out, and i now know which ones we will and wont be taking. we will be avoiding what was an easy water crossing, that beavers have now turned into a 50 yrd pedal through 1-2 ft of water.... there will still be two oportunities to get ones feet wet, since everyone loves that, but both of them are walkaroundable.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
this is the proposed route, with plenty of opportunity for shortening if need be:

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
what time is this starting, what is the expected pace, and who is in so far?

if this is going to be a standard issue brett and sean speed, (read spirited with few stops), i will offer to run a second group for those that may be apprehensive about the pace if there is enough interest (read potentially painfully slow, yet social). just a thought.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i will likely be travelling at my typical pace, but there will be plenty of stopping, and probably reriding of tech sections to try to clear them. the route as marked is right around 30 miles, but is just under 20 back to weldon rd. i would like to be back to weldon rd(the first twenty) in 3 hrs or less, including stop time. so far, we have myself, pukey lukey(from england), brett, and dan.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Start time

Sean,

What time are you guys starting? This may work for me if the start time is semi early.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
give me a day or two to find out, if possible. it all depends on when luke can get here from nyc on the train. the more the merrier.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
shaggz, luke is calling himself "slow", so i would say come on out.

will know in a few hours what time would likely be best.

D

DANSPANK

I'm looking forward to it. Just need the start time and location.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the little bastard didn't get back to me on time yet, but i'm gonna say 11 o'clock and make him get here on time. that work for everyone?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
scouted out some more singletrack this afternoon on foot. it'll bypass a rather mediocre doubletrack with an all but unridable climb at the end. this will have some techy stuff and some fun stuff.

Top Bottom