July 12, Shore MTB Ride at Hartshorn

RyGanley

An early 8:30am meet time 9ride. The Gurl/Guy MTB will be a beginner to intermediate with Single speeders very welcome, don't forget your Bathing suit if you want to take a after ride dip. We also will be having some beers by the water in the end.

Meet at the Navisink Ave. Parking area.

T

teddy

hey,

i'm going down to stone harbor on friday july 11 with some friends and we are planning to stop at hartshorne on the way. (we are coming from long island). can you give me an idea on how well marked the trails are and how many miles are involved, as well as level of difficulty?

Teddy

RyGanley

hey,

i'm going down to stone harbor on friday july 11 with some friends and we are planning to stop at hartshorne on the way. (we are coming from long island). can you give me an idea on how well marked the trails are and how many miles are involved, as well as level of difficulty?

Teddy

The trails are marked better then most, with difficultly level based on the Diamond/Square/Circle System (same as skiing). But everything is ridable, I would recommend riding a little with veterans or you may get lost or get stuck on a fire road for a while. What type of bikes are you bringing?

T

teddy

thanks for the reply!

two of us are riding full suspension bmc fourstrokes and one is riding a full suspension jamis. i printed the map of the trail and we were planning on making a loop out of the advanced and intermediate trails. we will probably get to hartshorne around 8:30am on friday (depending of traffic) are there any regulars that go that time during the week?

Teddy

RyGanley

thanks for the reply!

two of us are riding full suspension bmc fourstrokes and one is riding a full suspension jamis. i printed the map of the trail and we were planning on making a loop out of the advanced and intermediate trails. we will probably get to hartshorne around 8:30am on friday (depending of traffic) are there any regulars that go that time during the week?

Teddy

Not really sure, I only go on weekends. But when your done, you should go over the Bridge into Sandy hook and Hit up Mobys for good steamers and cheap pitchers of beer.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
i blew the side wall on my front tire out in the woods there today...as for the ride saturday...do the big climb and when you get to the bench make a right...you'll see it...then you go from there if you want a long ride you will come to a spot way into the ride where the black goes one way and the blue goes the other take the blue...and keep riding...i may join ya.ll...but got to replace the rubbers first...

RyGanley

i blew the side wall on my front tire out in the woods there today...as for the ride saturday...do the big climb and when you get to the bench make a right...you'll see it...then you go from there if you want a long ride you will come to a spot way into the ride where the black goes one way and the blue goes the other take the blue...and keep riding...i may join ya.ll...but got to replace the rubbers first...

I agree, but if you want a even more challenging climb, take a 1st left off the big hill and follow that trail up up up over the steps, then down to the same bench, Then follow the top directions.

T

trekfuelkingston

What's it like

Folks:

Once upon a time not too long ago I was a pretty good expert XC racer, but lately I've been on the cervelo too much and I want to get back to riding the fat tire rig. What are these trails like? I haven't been on my MTB much lately so my technical skills are a bit rusty--fitness shouldn't be a problem though.

Thanks

P.S.: I'm on a TopFuel 110, so big drop-offs are a no-no.

RyGanley

Folks:

Once upon a time not too long ago I was a pretty good expert XC racer, but lately I've been on the cervelo too much and I want to get back to riding the fat tire rig. What are these trails like? I haven't been on my MTB much lately so my technical skills are a bit rusty--fitness shouldn't be a problem though.

Thanks

P.S.: I'm on a TopFuel 110, so big drop-offs are a no-no.

fast tight single track with good climbs but little stunts and no drop off's over a foot. Sounds like a good place for what you want.

P.S. I am on a full ridged SS Karate Monkey, so me neither.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog

havnt i told you to stop reusing rubbers man. jeeez.

Top Bottom