Jshort’s bike thread

\at the least hopping barriers would be much easier. As would anything “technical” in a cuz race.
I agree with anything technical, but i don't think adding a drooper will magically make me clear barriers :(

You make it sound so complex.

I am going to actuate my light switch because it's dark in my office. Anyone have the number for NASA?
I should have said "using" and not actuating.

It's not so much pushing the lever, but it's not fumbling when remounting with the seat at an unexpected height, or dropping the saddle for a downhill section, landing and getting it up for a sprint, etc.

It's not so much pushing the lever, but it's not fumbling when remounting with the seat at an unexpected height, or dropping the saddle for a downhill section, landing and getting it up for a sprint, etc.
200.gif

I agree with anything technical, but i don't think adding a drooper will magically make me clear barriers :(

You can’t bunny hop higher with a dropper?

Have you ever used one?

I’ve never noticed an issue turning my bars to make a turn.... you mean navigating around a tree?

That’s why lever placement is huge on a CX bike. But at the least hopping barriers would be much easier. As would anything “technical” in a cuz race.
I meant leverage to push down on the pedals harder. Pretty much the higher my seat the more powerful I am.

The bigger issue with cross is the issue with the side force of remounting. Considering people break their regular seatposts, would likely be an issue for droppers.

but using the dropper is the same as shifting...

The bigger issue with cross is the issue with the side force of remounting. Considering people break their regular seatposts, would likely be an issue for droppers.

but using the dropper is the same as shifting...
Wondering this myself. Are droppers going to hold up to people repeatedly casing their crotchparts when remounting?

This drop bar dropper lever actually looks useable. Does this thing actually exist yet?
PRO-Discover-gravel-dropper_27-2-gravel-road-bike-dropbar-dropper-seatpost_remote-actuation.jpg

You can’t bunny hop higher with a dropper?

Have you ever used one?
I have one, i hardly use it and leave it in a bag most of the time since it’s external

i mean in terms of the barriers, i don’t think my issue is the saddle being in the way, hell i don’t think i could jump barriers with my saddle/seatpost removed lol

Making the most of the dropper comes with re-wiring your dynamics of bike/body separation.

People often say they don't like losing the feeling of the saddle rattling around between their upper legs as an indicator of where the bike "is" when descending or navigating tech. After a while, though, you learn to press down, not back; getting the saddle out of the way allows you to move around so much more and deal with the terrain directly.

As for hopping and jumping, it's no contest. I'm a pretty terrible jumper, but I can tell you I'm able to bunny hop substantially higher, when I don't have to worry about the saddle hitting me in the ass.

It does take time and patience to adapt to the advantages of the dropper, that's for sure.

Wondering this myself. Are droppers going to hold up to people repeatedly casing their crotchparts when remounting?

This drop bar dropper lever actually looks useable. Does this thing actually exist yet?
PRO-Discover-gravel-dropper_27-2-gravel-road-bike-dropbar-dropper-seatpost_remote-actuation.jpg
That is the only lever that i think is remotely feasible for me. I don't ride in the drops a lot, so the Wolftooth or any bar end lever is a non starter. I would ignore using it if it wasn't where my hands were all of the time. I have't seen one yet, but I read there is a GRX lever that is dropper specific now. I don't know if it's a different pull ratio or what, but I am curious for someone else to test it out.

I am not all that tall, so and I feel I can get pretty low on the bike when I need to. So a dropper post hasn't been on the horizon for me. I totally get why someone who is tall would find a dropper attractive.

that weird shit where you hit the return key and shit gets deleted happend to me a few times lately

try ctrl-z when that happens - it either works, or zombies start showing up.

Back
Top Bottom