JORBAfest Women's rides schedule

The schedule for the women's rides for the festival are:

Advanced Women's only ride, Allamuchy north - 10:30 am
Beginner Women's only ride, Stephens State Park - 12:30

Hope to meet alot of you gals at the event

Dawn

V

vtalum2001

Quick question to you gals out there that are attending this ride - what's the ride pace like? And any ideas on what kind of loop? I am interested in attending however i am concerned with my need to stop relatively frequently....... Any input is appreciated!

DD-

Quick question to you gals out there that are attending this ride - what's the ride pace like? And any ideas on what kind of loop? I am interested in attending however i am concerned with my need to stop relatively frequently....... Any input is appreciated!

Here are the ride descriptions:

ADVANCED:
"The advanced ride (including the women’s) will be held at the North Section of the Park. The experienced rider with a strong base fitness level and reasonable technical skills will absolutely love this ride. Expect grueling, long, steep, rocky climbs with twisty downhill sections that will test your bike handling skills. Being an advanced ride, the pace will be strong but keep in mind that what makes this ride “advanced” is the terrain and technical challenge that it presents, having fitness will just help you enjoy it all the more. Stops will be limited and kept short. Expect to cover 15 miles in about 4 hours."

INTERMEDIATE:
The Intermediate Ride will be held in the Stephens (morning ride) and Deer Park (afternoon ride) section. Expect long climbs at a casual, conversational pace. Descending skills are very helpful but if you’ve been on the bike for over a year then you should be able to handle this ride without too much strain. Rocky, technical sections may be encountered where you’ll be encouraged to re-do until you successfully clean the section. There will be frequent stops but kept to less than 5 minutes each. Expect to cover about 7 miles in about 3hrs.

BEGINNER:
Beginner Rides will be held at the Stephens area of Allamuchy. These trails are for the most part smooth with the occasional rocky sections and several short mildly technical ascents and descents. Advanced bike handling skills are not required and your level of fitness does not have to be high although some base fitness is helpful. Slope gradient is beginner, friendly and there will be frequent stops. Expect about 1.5-2 hours for 4 miles of riding. If you have been riding for less than 6 months this is probably where you want to be.

Hope this helps with planning which ride(s) you want to go on :D

Dawn

Last edited:

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Rats ...

See and I will be missing all of this, it sure will be loads of fun ... dammit!
I have a race at Wilson Park near Woodstock NY on Sunday (face with tears falling)

RC ... :)

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Wow, can you believe 15 women showed up for an Advanced ride ..... at at Allamuchy, and on a slippery rock day. What an awesome group! Laughs and smiles all the way, with one or two ouches. And many thanks to the women that sat this ride out, in order to lead the other women's rides. It sounds like the other rides had great turnouts too.

2856469079_2606fb9baa.jpg

2856526357_12829c7c55.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom