JORBA TM & MTBNJ Group Ride: Jungle Habitat, 8/17

Shaggz

A strong 7
This one is a bit of a variation from the THS format. Joe, aka, VelocityBoy, has offered to lead a group ride following the TM session at Jungle Habitat, this coming Sunday, August 17. I'll let Joe fill in the details, but this should make for a rewarding day out on the trails. It is not mandatory to attend the TM in order to participate in the ride, but it is encouraged. Please RSVP for the RIDE in this thread.

D

DANSPANK

Just checking to see if this ride is still on. I might be able to make some of the TM - where will you be?

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Dan-

We'll be at the front gate on Airport Road (West Milford) at 8:45.

I'll PM you over my celly just in case you need it if you're running late.

joe

D

DANSPANK

Coolio, thanks. I won't be there at 8:45 as I have a few things to do firstly but I'll give you a shout when I get there.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Some pictures from todays ride.

BJ and Daniel
2773341836_94569b4588.jpg

Rob sacrificed his seat post to save his hand, I hope?
2773342262_2033ea5815.jpg

Cut a hole in the fence and let these wild animals out to play freely ;)
2773342016_e198d373b3.jpg

D

DANSPANK

It was the downhill just before that fence that I endoed and killed my gps! I'll have to go back and do that bit again.

Does anyone have a gps of the ride we did? There were some tasty trails that I'll never find on my own...

RNG1

Rob sacrificed his seat post to save his hand, I hope?

I am pretty sure I escaped a potential disaster, my hand was a little tight this morning but I am pretty sure that it was more from the actual riding than the fall. I was starting to feel pretty good on that ride especially after being off the trails for like 6 or 7 weeks. Nice flow, good company. Be sure to thank Mr. P (for pit stop) for his help, I don't think I would have had the head to even go back and look for the assorted parts that we found. I have got to figure out a way to stop going over the bars as frequently as it seems to be happening these days or figure out a way to suspend an air mattress from the front of my handlebars.:confused:

D

DANSPANK

I went over the bars twice after you left. Let me know the secret when you find it.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
I am pretty sure I escaped a potential disaster, my hand was a little tight this morning but I am pretty sure that it was more from the actual riding than the fall. I was starting to feel pretty good on that ride especially after being off the trails for like 6 or 7 weeks. Nice flow, good company. Be sure to thank Mr. P (for pit stop) for his help, I don't think I would have had the head to even go back and look for the assorted parts that we found. I have got to figure out a way to stop going over the bars as frequently as it seems to be happening these days or figure out a way to suspend an air mattress from the front of my handlebars.:confused:

Your position is too far forward. Try getting further back on the saddle and use less brake on the hills.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
If anyone lost their armor, call Town Cycle. They were found near where Danspank was parked.

Ring1, you'll get it together. You've been off the bike for some time, and it takes a few hours, or a few rides to get into the groove again. I did notice that your tires were very minimal. A little more tread may make the transition back a little smoother when riding rocky terrain.

Top Bottom