JORBA presents: All Girl Pre-Ride 2008

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Wawayanda, Sunday April 27, 2008

Female racers of any level are invited to join Team Campmor and Black Bear Cycling, for a pre-ride of the Campmor H2H Series Race #1 Wawayanda Spring Cleaning race course. Even if you are just contemplating racing for the first time, please come join us. Meet at Wawayanda State Park, boat launch lot at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday April 27.

Contact info: http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/calendar.php

For more information about the race on May 4: http://h2hrace.com/

:)

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I just wanted to stress that these rides will be run clinic style, stopping often. So if you are not in tip top shape you will in no way be holding up the group. The ride is designed to get new riders out riding and allow for experienced riders to share resources.

Team Campmor will most likely have a male rider available to lead a mens ride that will not stop as often.
:)

F

FallGirl1430

Hi Ellen :)

I was wondering how many will be at the all girls ride this Sunday at Wayway? If there will only be a few will you still do the ride? There's a race on Sunday in Farmington, CT too. The race seems to be more double track, mostly flat and 15 miles for the Women's Sport class. I think (and pray) that the flu I had has finally ended and might be better to have a nice more casual ride than racing at this point. If you get a chance please let me know,

Thanks,

Christina ...

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I am not sure how many plan to come this Sunday, but we plan to ride unless it is pouring rain. It should be a fun day.

ellenserruto

I'll have to miss this one I guess since I have to be somewhere @ noon. I'm wondering if I can start earlier and try to find you. Is the course marked?

trailrider

I'm almost a two hour drive away from the park. Is there someone I can contact tomorrow morning to be sure the ride is on? If the weather looks promising, I'll be there. :)

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
We did have a little needed rain last night, but things are looking good for a ride later this morning, so we will be there. Hope to see some of you.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Excellent ride, great info and well run!

The time and effort that everyone put into this event was well worth it.
As I rode home, I felt I hadn't given it my all, that my legs should hurt more...
When I got out of the car, wham!! I felt every bit of a fantastic workout... yep, every bit.

Next Saturday, I'll think of you all racing on the rocks while I'm doing the Farmlands century
(I'll be the one bunny hopping roadkill)
Should keep my mind from going blank anyway;)

Let's do it again, shall we?
Sandie

mcw

Hi, I really wanna ride with you gals, but not sure how difficult is the trail? Anyone has picture or describe a bit more?
I am looking forward to the next ride.

Thank you,
MC :)

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
how difficult is the trail? Anyone has picture or describe a bit more?

Well, it was my first time there so I think I can give you a pretty accurate description...
There are areas of gravel covered fire-roads, hard packed dirt, wide wooden bridges, smooth single-track and smooth reasonably easy climbs. There is a lovely run along the pond. There are some rocky downhills, some brutally technical areas, some seemingly impossible climbs, some wicked fast fun downhills, a few places to get the tires off the ground... if you're into that(I am) and lots of trees, flowers, birds and such.

Some of it is probably too much for a beginner but none of it is impossible to walk.

So, go for it!!

Glancing Aft

Jess, my girlfriend Alyssa (blue Jamis) wanted me to thank you for the pointers today. And thanks to everyone else for the good ride.

mcw

Well, it was my first time there so I think I can give you a pretty accurate description...
There are areas of gravel covered fire-roads, hard packed dirt, wide wooden bridges, smooth single-track and smooth reasonably easy climbs. There is a lovely run along the pond. There are some rocky downhills, some brutally technical areas, some seemingly impossible climbs, some wicked fast fun downhills, a few places to get the tires off the ground... if you're into that(I am) and lots of trees, flowers, birds and such.

Some of it is probably too much for a beginner but none of it is impossible to walk.

So, go for it!!

Thank you so much for the detailed description. It really sounds fun. You are right, I can walk if it is too difficult. I'll join next ride. :D

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
It was great to ride with so many ladies and girls today. I am just now figuring out who is cyclopath, which is really cool. Glad to have so many mtbnj'ers along.

You all did really great, And I will remind you that this loop is one of the toughest out there in XC terms. Our next ride at Kittatinny on May 10 will be somewhat more mellow and a great stepping stone for newer riders. I will post up details soon.

Good luck to anyone that may want to race next Sunday, and I hope to see you there.

Top Bottom