JORBA Open Membership Page

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Tourne, Jungle, Allaire (this was pointed out to me by an acquaintance). I'm sure there are others, but a common refrain seems to be where either an access road, fire cut, or rogue trail cuts across, and signage is lacking.

Consistent blazing seems to be an issue, too.

Tourne is MCPC, and as mentioned earlier the system there is approved by them solely. They use the standard USFS painted blazes and augment with plastic discs iirc. Fixing them (if needed) would be done by working with the MCPC volunteer coordinator, and it would be nice to engage the trail stewards.

Jungle and Allaire are managed by the state, Ringwood State Park and Allaire State Park respectively. Most state parks use the brown plastic markers at intersections, and augment with USFS styled blazes. Making changes in each park is approved through the superintendent, and in Allaire's case first through the volunteer coordinator. We (JORBA) would hope that you discuss issues first with the chapter leadership at each park so we are not duplicating efforts: jungle(at)jorba.org, allaire(at)jorba.org

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure if this is the place or the time…but is JORBAFest going to happen this year?

Yup. We just got insurance for the event. Due to [current world state] the park is not ok with a wide open festival like in years past. We are still working out details but capacity will be less than in previous years.

September 26th.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Yup. We just got insurance for the event. Due to [current world state] the park is not ok with a wide open festival like in years past. We are still working out details but capacity will be less than in previous years.

September 26th.

Thank God it doesn't conflict with the paw-paw festival on the 25th. Whose in besides me and @michael.su ?

serviceguy

September 26th.
That's good news. And by capacity you mean parking capacity? That's about the only think they can actually enforce, if you're willing to ride to the venue I don't think they would be able to stop you.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And by capacity you mean parking capacity? That's about the only think they can actually enforce, if you're willing to ride to the venue I don't think they would be able to stop you.

Sure. If you and 600 friends want to bike over I imagine there's not much the park can do about it. Unless we choose to hold the festival in Jalalabad, in which case you may be shot.

serviceguy

Sure. If you and 600 friends want to bike over I imagine there's not much the park can do about it. Unless we choose to hold the festival in Jalalabad, in which case you may be shot.
Sorry, I didn't mean to rub you the wrong way (as a matter of fact I didn't mean to rub you at all). BTW, I think I can get 4 or 5 cars in the driveway if any of the 600 doesn't want to pay for parking. I'm definitely not driving that day. Also available to help if necessary if I'm around. I'll be dressed like a noun, you can't miss me.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry, I didn't mean to rub you the wrong way (as a matter of fact I didn't mean to rub you at all). BTW, I think I can get 4 or 5 cars in the driveway if any of the 600 doesn't want to pay for parking. I'm definitely not driving that day. Also available to help if necessary if I'm around. I'll be dressed like a noun, you can't miss me.

You didn't. I'm just on more crappy calls all day and that was my unfiltered reply.

The vendor list will also be somewhat limited due to [the thing] and obviously demo bikes are much harder to come by right now.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Just barely...how do they taste? Did you try any yet? It's an intriguing fruit, we may have to talk business next time we meet, maybe in a coupe of years...

timing is everything with the paw-paw. we do not grow them (yet) -

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Just barely...how do they taste? Did you try any yet? It's an intriguing fruit, we may have to talk business next time we meet, maybe in a coupe of years...
Like mango/banana/pineapple puddin…but also like a Pawpaw. 😉

Top Bottom