JORBA Open Membership Page

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This new Wordpress thing isn't recognizing my email address that I got the email to when I go to log in. Do I need to create a new account?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This new Wordpress thing isn't recognizing my email address that I got the email to when I go to log in. Do I need to create a new account?

Yes.

To everyone else, wondering why everything is so hard, you can go up a few posts and read this:

As much as I am making fun of Magic here, this is what 95% of the people do. Gloss over details then ask a question contained in the details. To be fair, the messages need to be short & concise to transfer information to the end user.

TL;DR - Yes.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
But why do I have to create a new account when I already have one?

TL;DR - because math

Real reason:

1. You have an account in the back end CRM system, which is new
2. Your account was transferred from aMember, which is the old system

We ok so far?

3. WordPress has an integration with the CRM system which correlates the CMS and CRM systems, to merge/correlate the accounts. You will create an account in WP and it will find the original existing account based on email and apply it to that.

And math. Always math.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1. You have an account in the back end CRM system, which is new
2. Your account was transferred from aMember, which is the old system

But why do we need a new system, I liked the old system.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And math, always math.

I'm having trouble coming up with an even less serious followup question, but hopefully math is on our side, and the more efficient member management will come in handy.

serviceguy

Yes.

To everyone else, wondering why everything is so hard, you can go up a few posts and read this:

As much as I am making fun of Magic here, this is what 95% of the people do. Gloss over details then ask a question contained in the details. To be fair, the messages need to be short & concise to transfer information to the end user.

TL;DR - Yes.
This is only true if you’re renewing your membership, you can’t just sign in for the fun of it, or check your membership. I think. I can’t remember if the old system was the same. I would say that the message needs to be put in context.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would say that the message needs to be put in context.

At the moment I am working on new & renewal members. I expressed my opinion on the login issue to @Bleeder which he is aware of. We have some gremlins working on login issues/widgets. I could add a member login to the page but it is not smart enough to know if you are logged in or not. It's actually a weak point of WP IMO.

After we deal with new & renew I want to deal with thank you messages and then existing members.

Gene

The Dancing Machine
My renewal is in September, should I renew now or will I receive an email reminder?
My renewal wasn't until July, but I created an account and upped my membership level.

** Note - If you setup reoccurring payment each year you'll need to de-activate the other reoccurrence or have two memberships... win\win for JORBA.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
** Note - If you setup reoccurring payment each year you'll need to de-activate the other reoccurrence or have two memberships... win\win for JORBA.

Ok well sort of. Tom is turning them off manually but he misses them at times. Not intentionally double booking you!

Gene

The Dancing Machine
@Norm - Email subscription only shows 1 check box. It might be just a false statement in the auto reply formatting.

I checked Essex County and South Mountain Reservation. Only Essex County returned for confirmation.

If the form notices only the first entry and not the second I can see that as a coding error.. if single selection/choice is checked on backend for reply then that would also make sense.

7503C881-3A19-4511-A61B-DC7BFED34E91.jpeg

Top Bottom