Jorba Bike Fest

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I'm in, and looking for any other dads with kids in trailers who might be up for a mellower singletrack ride... ;)

BiknBen

I'm leading the kid's rides. I'm hoping to be a positive influence in the lives of children. So they don't grow up to be like us morons. :eek:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
trails good for something like this...?

trailabike.jpg

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I'm hoping to be a positive influence in the lives of children. So they don't grow up to be like us morons. :eek:

I'm a pretty negative influence so far. Between encouraging my son to ride off small curbs, helping him roll over the dirt jumps at Highbridge, and flipping him on his side in the bike trailer a couple times while blasting through singletrack, I'm pretty sure I've doomed him to a life of moron-dom like me... I can see the effect it's had already, in that he purposely steers his bike over the rough paver stones rather than the smooth sidewalk. ;)

img_0496.jpg

I'm not looking for a kids ride. We like singletrack, just singletrack that's not narrow and choked off with trees/rocks. As long as there's about 30" of clearance, I can get the trailer through it. ;)

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll be there working & playing. The family is coming to hang out for a while in the afternoon. Looking forward to it.

RNG1

I'm in, and looking for any other dads with kids in trailers who might be up for a mellower singletrack ride... ;)

I'm bringing the family (wife,5.5 and 7.5) and would really like to do an easy family ride to make it fun for the little ones. The 5.5 although is super determined is still on training wheels but has actually ridden some trails with me that are really smooth.It is very funny to watch she is like a muppet. However, I may bring one of those things illustrated on the other post where she can sit like a tandem and my son can ride his own. Maybe we can set a target time for a ride like this so others can join?

Not So Fast

I'm in

I'm in, if all goes well I'll spend many hours there. Hopefully, some of the my road riding buddies make it out. I'm hoping to convert a few to the joys of dirt riding.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm in and bringing my family as well. I think I'll be registering people for their rides. Still injured so riding for me :( Hopefully my husband will get out for a ride though.

Mike679

I think I'll make it up there at some point and maybe do an intermediate ride, most likely without the family, though. My oldest has soccer and my younger kids are still a bit too little for something like this.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I was planning on attending until I heard about The Freaking Pawpawfest

Oh well, there is always next year to hang out in Allamuchy with bike freaks, circus freaks and other random outsiders :D

jk, but you have to admit, pawpawfest has a cooler name

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ride like the wind Ken
No Pawpawfest and no poems
Just Allamuchy

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No no it will stay
I was thinking that poems