JORBA Bike Fest Schedule, 9/12/2009

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Tentative JORBA Bike Fest Schedule, 9/12/2009

Hey folks, it is almost time for the 2nd AnnualJORBA Bike Festival. As most of you know, the festival will be on Saturday, September 12th at the Waterloo Concert Field in Stanhope, NJ. For more information, please visit http://bikefest.jorba.org.

I wanted to post up the tentative schedule for this year’s festival. As you can see, it is quite packed with events, rides and shows. It has all the makings of a great time, just like last year.

Officially the doors to the festival open at 09:00 on September 12. However, there will be two advanced expert rides leaving at 08:15 and one at 08:45 from the Waterloo Concert Field. Please plan to be there for ride sign up at 08:00 if you want to do one of the advanced expert rides. There will be two Long Intermediate Rides leaving from the Concert at 09:00 and two Short Intermediate Rides leaving at 09:15. Again, please come early to get signed up.
Please note, the advanced expert rides are for strong riders only! These rides will be fast paced rides in the 20 mile plus range with hard climbing, lots of rocks and few rest breaks. These rides are scheduled to last 4 hours! Please do not plan to ride these rides if you do not believe your fitness or skill level is up to the task, as you could make the ride less enjoyable for others on the ride. Our ride leaders understand the terrain and fitness level required for these fast paced rides. Please heed their advice. Thanks for your cooperation.
As you can see on the schedule, there will be a number of rides available throughout the day. There will be Long Intermediate (3 hours, 12-15 miles) with a brisk pace in both Stephens State Park and Deer Park. There will be Short Intermediate Rides with a more casual pace in Stephens SP and Deer Park. Beginner Rides will be sponsored by all of our bike shop Title Sponsors, Bicycle-Pro, Marty’s Reliable, Cycle Craft and Cycleworks during the morning hours. Cycleworks will also be sponsoring mountain biking skills clinics throughout the day.
I will keep this schedule updated with any changes that are made. Take care and we hope to see you at the JORBA Bike Festival this year.

Joe Scheneck
JORBA Festival Committee

Schedule:

• 07:00 Vendor & Sponsor set up
  • 08:00 Advanced Ride Sign Up
  • 08:15 Advanced Technical Ride (4 hours, 20+ miles)
  • 08:15 Women’s Advanced Ride (4 hours, 20+ miles)
  • 08:45 Race Paced Ride (4 hours, 25+ miles)
  • 09:00 Gates Open to Sponsor & Vendor Area!
  • 09:00 Long Intermediate Rides Leave (2.5-3 hours, 12-15 miles) either Stephens SP or Deer Park
  • 09:15 Short Intermediate Rides Leave (1.5-2 hours, 7-10 miles) either Stephens SP or Deer Park
  • 09:15 1st Kids Ride (Team MTBNJ)
  • 09:30 1st Beginner Ride by Bicycle-Pro (1 hour, 4 miles)
  • 09:45 2nd Beginner Ride by Marty’s Reliable Cycle (1 hour, 4 miles)
  • 10:00 3rd Beginner Ride by Cycle Craft (1 hour, 4 miles)
  • 10:00 Jeff Lenosky Technical Ride (2.5 Hours)
  • 10:00 1st Cycleworks Skills Clinic
  • 10:15 4th Beginner Ride by Cycleworks (1 hour, 4 miles)
  • 10:30 Women’s Intermediate Ride (1-2 hours, 7 miles/4 mile option)
  • 11:00 HUMAN VISE sponsored by Marty’s Reliable Cycle
  • 11:15 Slow Ride Contest sponsored by Marty’s and Bicycle-Pro
  • 12:00 2nd Cycleworks Skills Clinic
  • 1:00 3rd Cycleworks Skills Clinic
  • 1:00 Skinnies Contest sponsored by Cycle Craft
  • 1:45 Long Intermediate Rides Leave (2.5-3 hours, 12-15 miles) either Stephens SP or Deer Park
  • 2:00 Short Intermediate Rides Leave (1.5-2 hours, 7-10 miles) either Stephens SP or Deer Park
  • 2:00 5th Beginner Ride by Bicycle Pro (1 hour, 4 miles)
  • 2:15 2nd Kids Ride (12-16 years) Team MTBNJ
  • 2:15 6th Beginner Ride by Marty's Reliable Cycle (1 hour, 4 miles)
  • 2:30 3rd Kids Ride (6-11 years) Team MTBNJ
  • 2:30 7th Beginner Ride by Cycleworks (1 hour, 4 miles)
  • 2:45 8th Beginner Ride by Cycle Craft (1 hour, 4 miles)
  • 3:00 Jeff Lenosky Bicycle Demonstration sponsored by Cycleworks
  • 3:00 Cycleworks Women’s Only skills Clinic
  • 4:00 JORBA Raffle
  • 4:00 5th Cycleworks Skills Clinic
  • 5:00 JORBA Bike Fest Ends

Last edited:

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Just wanted to bump the JORBAfest Schedule. We are working on getting some more beginner rides in the afternoon.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
We just updated the schedule to include some more afternoon beginner rides brought to you by our LBS Sponsors -- Bicycle-Pro, Cycle Craft, Marty's Reliable Cycle and Cycleworks!:D

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just an FYI, but on the "events schedule" on the Jorba main page, The Jorba fest is listed on Sunday sept 6th and also sept 12th

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Just an FYI, but on the "events schedule" on the Jorba main page, The Jorba fest is listed on Sunday sept 6th and also sept 12th

Thanks UJ -- I tried to correct it, but editing it is apparently above my paygrade. I'll have to hand it off to Mr. "I'm Trying to Think But Nothin' Happens" Mergler. :)

Edit -- I see it's already taken care of -- thanks Southernerinnj.

Joe

Last edited:

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Thanks to a bunch of volunteers, the Stephens Trails are in great shape for the festival. We got rid of all the face-slappers to make for a run, face-slapping-free riding experience! :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sweet! I'm going out Thursday morning to get a first-hand tour from one of the Stevens Grand Masters. Looking forward to it!

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
is it required to sign up for the beginner rides as well?

Yes, everyone has to sign up for the rides. There will be a ride tent near the JORBA tent. Just go to the ride tent and sign up for any of the beginner rides. The beginner rides are run by the Four Local Bike Shops that sponsored the JORBA Bike Fest. They are Bicycle-Pro, Cycle Craft, Cycleworks and Marty's Reliable Cycle.

There are a set of beginner rides in both the morning and afternoon.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
damn i just saw the JL tech ride... that is sick. i bet that is gonna be one hell of a ride.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
damn i just saw the JL tech ride... that is sick. i bet that is gonna be one hell of a ride.

The plan for now is to have the JL tech ride meet up with the Advanced Technical Ride in Allamuchy. JL will hit specific tech areas of the park, while the advanced ride cover more miles in the park plus the tech stuff.

Joe

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The last to cross the finish line wins -- just no stopping or going sideways on the course.

I won one of these races at the NJ Physics Olympics 1991'ish, I still have the trophy, lol. It was more a balancing act than physics, but I did have some welding done to reverse my drivetrain :getsome:

Top Bottom