Jorba at HM?

Looks like the whole west side of the park is threatened with closure or some use limits. Ouch.

I was afraid of this when they found that endangered bat there a while back, plus, I believe there is researchers from Hofstra and Columbia, I can see them not appreciating the home-grown trail system.

4.75 miles of trail closure... looks like mtbers will be the next endangered species at HM

Last edited:
ATV's to be discussed at a later date? WTF Almost all the trails scheduled for complete closure are atv central and hunter central.

By the way hit a little bit of the mountain today and trails should be primo tomorrow.

The endangered species is a bat? Can't we just ban night riding then?

I don’t know if it’s a bat, I just know they know they found a rare endangered one there 2 years ago so I’m making an assumption. If it were case, I would think a seasonal closure in some areas would make sense, given they go into turgor during winter. (A theory on their dying off is a fungus is believed to irritate their skin keeping them from doing this)... like the Eagle trail at RV. Given the state of bats right now I’m not surprised by the reaction, but endangered species also feel like how people push their land use agendas. Crazy you would consider closing trails to bikes and then open access to ATVs and hunters. Funny how I ran into an ATV riding hunting police officer on one of the proposed trail closures.

I would venture to imagine there are too many trails for colors to work.
There are quite the few multiple choice intersections that would need signage.
I'll adopt Ancients as it is close by.

This did come up in the monthly Jorba call this week. I admit I forget the actual spot it landed in the conversation. I think there’s still a bit to work out here.

I’ll make sure HM gets an article in the Q3 newsletter.

I would venture to imagine there are too many trails for colors to work.
There are quite the few multiple choice intersections that would need signage.
I'll adopt Ancients as it is close by.

Colors + shapes makes the possibilities endless.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions